Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Members: Please Read

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles)

Go down 
+6
Grand High Council
Cerys
The Fox
Cellus
Kaylea
Narrator
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Cerys
Expert
Expert
Cerys

Aquarius Rat
Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-12-11

The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles)   The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 3:17 pm

Pondering as to what she had said about Feusang growing in power,

'So i guess he has found more of the artifacts hes been searching for... just how many has he found, and how many are left, thats the unknown until we actually come up against him.'

"Well i guess we can try to find him, but without knowing the extent of his powers, we might end up like Tal and Knuckles did when they saw him for the first time."

Looking out over the rail of the ship,

"If there was only a way that we could be able to guage his growth without risking oneself and be able to return with the information so we can make up a plan to do, or if things look dire, somewhere we can find a remedy to remove said artifacts and make him less powerful."
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo
Number of posts : 1115
Humor : I once killed a man for wasting paragraphs.
Registration date : 2008-11-29

PostSubject: Re: The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles)   The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 9:24 pm

At that moment, a tortured scream rang from somewhere down the corridor leading into the fortress; a scream that instantly rang a bell to one half of Vaneslea.

The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 Knuckles

"Safe to say it's a little late for that," Knuckles looked toward Cerys, then the corridor.

Last edited by Narrator on Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixcitychronicle.friendhood.net/
Specter
Novice
Novice
Specter

Libra Buffalo
Number of posts : 45
Humor : >>Darth Vader voice<< You don't know the power of the moderator.
Registration date : 2009-05-15

PostSubject: Re: The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles)   The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 9:29 pm

The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 KayleaFox

"I'd have to agree," Vaneslea nodded, "We'd better be off."

Back to top Go down
Cerys
Expert
Expert
Cerys

Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles)   The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 9:31 pm

"Alright then," Cerys nodded, scouting ahead down the corridor.
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles)   The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 9:33 pm

As Cerys traversed the dark and winding corridor, a distinct smell caught in his nose, faintly at first, but getting stronger as it went. The smell was blood. It drifted in a trail through the air, leading him further and further down, and the farther the group descended, the colder it got.

Eventually, the darkness consumed the light, and all was pitch black until, like a torch in the night, Vaneslea's bracers began to glow with a bizarre emerald light.

Last edited by Narrator on Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cellus
Banned
Banned
Cellus

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles)   The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 9:36 pm

At that time, Cellus cried out, falling to her knees. To anyone looking, Nurse was nowhere to be found.

"She's inside me now," Cellus winced, "I'm sorry, Burk."
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles)   The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 9:39 pm

The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 Burk

"I don't understand," Burk looked on incredulously, "What could have caused you two to go back together again?"

The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 BrotherLight

"A possible theory may be found in the affectation of Vaneslea's bracers," Brother Light surmised, "They too are enchanted with a magic that can bind or sunder the soul. Clearly, Cellus and Nurse's fission was not strong enough to overcome the dispelling, which may mean that Vaneslea's time is similarly running out."

Back to top Go down
Specter
Novice
Novice
Specter

Libra Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles)   The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 9:41 pm

"That doesn't leave much time for sitting around then," Vaneslea dashed forward down the the corridor, determined to find the source of that scream.

Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles)   The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 7:44 pm

The further the group went down into the corridor, the colder it got until, eventually, a light began filtering down the hall, along with a light mist of snow.

The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 Burk

"It's snowing inside?," Burk tried to get his bearings as his severed connection with the earth began to take its toll, "What sort of place is this?!"

The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 Zeaken

"The sort that leads back outside if you want my guess," Zeaken quipped.

"Oh, right," Burk laughed it off.

The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 StoneCircle

Sure enough, following the path to its conclusion, the group found themselves at a strange circle of obelisks, each painted with the same archaic rune in a deep violet ink.

The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 Feusang

At the center, sword in hand, was figure that instantly put Knuckles and Tal on-guard and filled both Vaneslea and Brother Light with a sudden, dreadful recognition.

More imposing than the appearance of the Frozen King himself was the act in which he had been caught.

The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 CaniaDies

Knelt in shackles was an Anubian clearly on his last leg. As his eyes met Vaneslea's, he attempted to speak, but only gurgled out a stream of blood, for his throat had been slashed. Having expended the last of his energy, the tortured creature fell to the ground in a heap.

"He was an incredibly useful servant," the armored warlord seemed to almost lament as his cold blue eyes looked up from the corpse to the heroes gathered to face him, "If he hadn't found and stolen the Osiris artifacts for me, it would have been years before I got them on my own. On top of that, with his sacrifice, my power is complete."

Last edited by Narrator on Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Specter
Novice
Novice
Specter

Libra Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles)   The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 7:51 pm

"No time for introductions," Vaneslea moved into a fluid fighting stance as she dashed into battle.

~~~~~~~
Vaneslea's Swiftness total = 27*

Note: Roll made at the time this game took place
~~~~~~~

Back to top Go down
Cerys
Expert
Expert
Cerys

Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles)   The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 7:54 pm

"It's time this should end," Cerys nodded, his shadow starting to take a life of its own as he charged in to get off a good scratch or two on the evil warrior, Vaneslea right beside him.

~~~~~~~
Cerys' Swiftness total = 28*

Note: Role made at the time this game took place
~~~~~~~

Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles)   The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 8:13 pm

The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 KnucklesThe Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 KayleaFoxThe Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 Cerys_150x200
The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 ZeakenThe Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 Feusang_NightmareThe Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 BrotherLight
The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 Tal_Kadorin5The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 Cellus150x200The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 Burk

As the others rushed to join the fray - by staff, blade, or bare knuckle - Feusang all at once pulled his own mighty edge from where it rested on his back. If the others could have seen his face behind the mask, they would have found him smiling.

"I'm a God now, or did you mortals forget?!" he laughed as his form erupted with a violent light that flung our heroes against the walls of the stone circle as if struck with hurricane-force winds, "Know your place!"

As the incredible attack ripped through them, Cerys, Knuckles, and Zeaken were the first to fall.

Thinking quickly, Tal gripped Cellus by her tunic and tossed her to Brother Light, who had wisely waited in the hallway in case his services as a healer were needed. Jumping in the path of the attack to grant Tal the time he would need for such a bold maneuver was Burk, but the heroic act was only partially successful, for though Cellus was safely out of harm's way, Burk's breaking body was unable to deflect the entirely of the attack from Tal, who was felled alongside his childhood friend as the force of the blast impaled the large grasslander, its deadly force richochetting into and through the mint-skinned monk.

~~~~~~~
Summary of rolls

Remaining Swiftness Totals
Burk = 4
Brother Light = 7
Zeaken = 8
Tal = 8
Cellus = 10
Knuckles = 13

Feusang = 32

Feusang Greatsword Attack total = 59 + rolls
~ Unbeatable by the Defense totals of all felled, even with a natural 20.
~~~~~~~

Back to top Go down
Specter
Novice
Novice
Specter

Libra Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles)   The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 8:25 pm

As the smoke cleared, Vaneslea strode forward, eyes locked on the brutal blackguard, "First you kill my teacher, then my lover? It's time someone took something from you!"

With lightning speed, she was on him, first knocking away his sword, then his helm, then laying into his chestplate with a series of forceful blows that, with the final strike, impaled clear through the back.

~~~~~~~
Vaneslea 1 (-21 HP)
Fist of Fury Attack Totals: 39, 42, 53, 47, 40, 48, 41, 52*

Note: Rolls made at the time this game took place.
~~~~~~~

Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles)   The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 8:30 pm

The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 Feusang_Unmasked

"Ha... haha... I don't believe it," the warlord seemed more amused than fearful at the prospect of his own demise as he slumped forward over Vaneslea's mighty arm, "When I started this whole crusade, I just wanted to be stronger. The best that I could be. I think... I lost something on the way though. That's why you beat me. That's why I lo-"

And then he spoke no more. The King was dead.

~~~~~~~
Feusang Defends
24, 26, 12, 9, 14, 17, 10, 12
-15, -16, -41, -38, -26, -31, -31, -40 = -238 HP (Dead)

Total HP: -133 / 105)
~~~~~~~~

Back to top Go down
Specter
Novice
Novice
Specter

Libra Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles)   The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 8:35 pm

"What you lost was your soul," Vaneslea sneered as she held raised her arm, and him with it, "This is all that's left of you now, but not for long."

With that, she ignited her fist with the power of her magic, immolating the tyrant inside his own armor. When the blackened plates fell, with not even a skeleton to identify their owner, four sets of pieces remained; mummified hands, feet, eyes, and a heart.

Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles)   The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 8:47 pm

The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 RoTarRanRevealed

At that moment, a brilliant flash of light appeared in the sky above, descending to meet Vaneslea. Out stepped Fahrean, who himself altered with a sudden breeze to his true form; a silver-haired young man with the deepest blue eyes.

"I cannot thank you enough," the man smiled softly, "With your help, this story will have a happy, if unexpected, ending."

"Naturally," he added with a more mischievous grin as he motioned to her bracers, "Those will have to be returned to where they belong ...at least until they're needed again."

Back to top Go down
Specter
Novice
Novice
Specter

Libra Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles)   The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 8:51 pm

"Saw that coming," Vaneslea smirked in turn, "But if you really want to repay me, I do have a small request."

Seeing that the powerful emissary of good was indeed listening, she looked to Cania's broken body, "Can you grant me power to heal?"

Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles)   The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 8:57 pm

The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 Narrator_snowy

At this, the mysterious figure only smiled that knowing smile, fading into the snow. As he did so, Vaneslea found her bracers fading, but also found her entire form glowing with a holy light.

The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 Kaylea2

As her hands were laid over her mentor's form, Cania's eyes opened to view, not Vaneslea, but Kaylea watching over him, Fox standing nearby in view of the others as they rose in turn, spared a grisly fate by the timely healing of Brother Light and Cellus.

The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 Cania

"I guess I taught you somethin' after all," the Anubian thief cracked a grin.

Back to top Go down
Specter
Novice
Novice
Specter

Libra Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles)   The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 9:00 pm

"Jerk," Kaylea quipped back, eyes filled with joy.

Back to top Go down
Cerys
Expert
Expert
Cerys

Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles)   The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 9:01 pm

"Well, that ended as well as it could have," Cerys stood amidst the others as they looked to Kaylea, "But who was it that suddenly appeared in the middle of things?"
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles)   The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 9:07 pm

The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 Zeaken

"Him?," Zeaken rubbed his chin with a canny smile, "He's just a storyteller. The best I know."

The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 SunsetArrow

As the others looked to him with incredulous gazes, Zeaken was saved from a lengthier explanation by the sudden arrival of his ship, fully repaired, rising just behind him dramatically.

"So!," the privateer seized the moment, "I'm headed back out to sea after this. There's a sister that will be very angry with me when I find her. What of you all?"

"Heard that," Knuckles laughed, "I really oughta get back to the city."

Back to top Go down
Specter
Novice
Novice
Specter

Libra Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles)   The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 9:09 pm

"Not alone you're not," Kaylea wrapped an arm around her man with a sharp smile.

Back to top Go down
Cerys
Expert
Expert
Cerys

Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles)   The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 9:11 pm

The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 Cerys_cat

"It's really been too long since we've been home," Cerys nodded and assumed his cat form for a quick jump onto Knuckles' shoulders.

Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles)   The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 9:17 pm

The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 BrotherLight

"Indeed," Light beamed, "I am looking forward to returning to the temple. I was never cut out for adventuring anyway."

"Aww guys," Knuckles flushed, "I'd never leave you behind!"

Looking toward the trio of grasslanders, Knuckles raised a brow with a grin, "What about you?"

The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 Tal_Kadorin5

"Home lies further east for us," Tal returned a bittersweet smile, "But meet again someday, I am sure we will."

The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 Cellus150x200The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 Burk

"And how," Cellus snuggled close as Burk pulled them close for a bear hug.

The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 Zeaken_SunsetArrow

"And what of our foxy thief I wonder?," Zeaken looked toward where Fox had been, but upon their checking, she was nowhere to be found.

"Typical," the khamele shook his head with grin, then turned to face his ship, "You're all welcome aboard for one last ride. Next stop... Home."

Last edited by Narrator on Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles)   The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 7:07 pm

ADVENTURE RESULTS

Cerys
~ Nick Of Time (Rescuing Zeaken and Light) = 100
~ Azan = 1200
~ Eldritch Dol = 300
~ Mercy (Dol family) = 100
~ Feusang = 430
~ ~ Total XP Gained: 2030
~ ~ New XP Total: 10522/10800 (Level Up!)

Knuckles
~ Mercy (Cecielia) = 100
~ Eldritch Dol = 300
~ Feusang = 430
~ Getting The Girl = 100
~ ~ Total XP Gained: 1030
~ ~ New XP Total: 9612/10800 (Level Up!)

Tal
~ Mercy (Cecielia) = 100
~ Eldritch Dol = 300
~ Quick Thinking (Exorcism) = 100
~ Feusang = 430
~ ~ Total XP Gained: 1030
~ ~ New XP Total: 9962/10800 (Level Up!)

Brother Light
~ Cautious Healer (Dol battle) = 100
~ Cautious Healer (Feusang battle) = 100
~ ~ Total XP Gained: 300
~ ~ New XP Total: 6480/7200

Cellus/Nurse
~ Love Conquers All (Nurse) = 100
~ Jacen = 1050
~ Mercy (Cecielia) = 100
~ Eldritch Dol = 300
~ Cautious Healer (Feusang battle) = 100
~ ~ Total XP Gained: 1750
~ ~ New XP Total: 7990/8400 (Level Up!)

Burk
~ Jacen = 1050
~ Mercy (Cecielia) = 100
~ Eldritch Dol = 300
~ Feusang = 430
~ ~ Total XP Gained: 930
~ ~ New XP Total: 5935/6000

Kaylea
~ Safe! = 100
~ Resourceful (Fusion Bracers) = 100
~ Eldritch Dol = 300 (as Vaneslea)
~ Mercy (Dol family) = 100 (as Vaneslea)
~ Feusang = 430 (as Vaneslea)
~ Honor Thy Teacher = 100
~ Returning The Bracers (as Vaneslea) = 100
~ ~ Total XP Gained: 1230
~ ~ New XP Total: 8507/9600 (+2 Levels!)

Fox
~ Cheering Zeaken Up = 100
~ Safe! = 100
~ Eldritch Dol = 300 (as Vaneslea)
~ Mercy (Dol family) = 100 (as Vaneslea)
~ Feusang = 430 (as Vaneslea)
~ Returning The Bracers (as Vaneslea) = 100
~ ~ Total XP Gained: 1130
~ ~ New XP Total: 9530/9600

Zeaken
~ Cutting Out The Middle Man-er, Gate = 100
~ Azan = 1200
~ Brilliant Strategy (Cannons) = 100
~ Eldritch Dol = 300
~ ~ Total XP Gained: 1900
~ ~ New XP Total: 10892/12000 (+2 Levels!)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles)   The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Frozen King Awakens (Phoenix City Chronicles)
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8