Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Members: Please Read

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mirage (Kage Manako)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Kage Manako
Expert
Expert
Kage Manako

Libra Rat
Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Mirage (Kage Manako) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirage (Kage Manako)   Mirage (Kage Manako) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 5:28 pm

Kage picks up two of the rocks, and says, " Well, let's see if I'm right." He walks over to one of the statues and attempts to put the rock in the heart-shaved crevice.
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo
Number of posts : 1115
Humor : I once killed a man for wasting paragraphs.
Registration date : 2008-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Mirage (Kage Manako)   Mirage (Kage Manako) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 5:36 pm

While the rocks themselves were easy enough to find, it took a little searching to locate a statue that was not so badly damaged that it barely resembled the figures in the pictographs.

However, after a time, Kage did finally locate one. It almost looked pitiful standing there, guardian to a long lost city and apparently weary of its post.

As the swordsman slid the rock into the crevice, it seemed a bit loose at first, but after some maneuvering, the deep grooves in the rock seemed to lock in place with something inside the statue, and a metallic thud was heard.

Mirage (Kage Manako) - Page 4 Sandman

Suddenly, as if it had merely been taking a nap, the statue began to move with a grace that suggested its rocky outer layer was just armor over something more flexible. It appeared to stretch for a moment, and then lowered into a kneeling position, where it remained still.

Back to top Go down
http://phoenixcitychronicle.friendhood.net/
Kage Manako
Expert
Expert
Kage Manako

Libra Rat

PostSubject: Re: Mirage (Kage Manako)   Mirage (Kage Manako) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 5:41 pm

Kage thinks, 'Well, that was odd, but this might be helpful....maybe.' Kage asks the awakened statue, "Where are we?"
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Mirage (Kage Manako)   Mirage (Kage Manako) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 5:43 pm

"The Great City of Akakopolis, Master," the statue rumbled without moving.

Back to top Go down
Kage Manako
Expert
Expert
Kage Manako

Libra Rat

PostSubject: Re: Mirage (Kage Manako)   Mirage (Kage Manako) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 5:46 pm

Kage thinks, 'Akakopolis.....I've never heard of it, but if it knows, it might know about it.' Kage says, "What is the history of Akakopolis?" Making sure not to be too damanding, hoping that the golem doesn't suspect somthing.
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Mirage (Kage Manako)   Mirage (Kage Manako) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 5:50 pm

"Akakopolis is the Empire of the Sun, Master," the golem explained matter-of-factly, showing no aggression whatsoever as it did so, "It is said that a Djinni Sultan rose the mountains to protect his followers from the wrath of his dark brother Iblis and his ghul spawn many eons ago. Here, they were to live in peace for all time, so long as they should always respect his teachings."

Back to top Go down
Kage Manako
Expert
Expert
Kage Manako

Libra Rat

PostSubject: Re: Mirage (Kage Manako)   Mirage (Kage Manako) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 5:59 pm

Kage then thinks about how helpful this golem is, and says, "What are these encyptions on the wall describing?"
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Mirage (Kage Manako)   Mirage (Kage Manako) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 6:03 pm

"They tell the story of my people," the golem answered, "Soon after the creation of Akakopolis, the ghul invaded the valley that the Djinni Sultan had created for his followers, and so he granted to their highest priest an army of golems with which to defend against the attackers. The invasion reached only half-way across the valley before we attacked in force. The ghul were scattered back to the desert sands, and since this time, we have been the defenders of the Empire."

Back to top Go down
Kage Manako
Expert
Expert
Kage Manako

Libra Rat

PostSubject: Re: Mirage (Kage Manako)   Mirage (Kage Manako) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 6:06 pm

Kage shakes his head in understanding, as he himself has thrown himself headlong into battle many times before...., Kage suddenly snaps out of his daydream, and asks the golem, "If you golems did stop the Ghul invasion, where did eyeryone go?"
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Mirage (Kage Manako)   Mirage (Kage Manako) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 6:09 pm

"I am unaware, Master," the golem admitted, what appeared to be sadness or even guilt lacing its tone, "When last I was summoned, the Empire was in the heyday of its former glory."

Back to top Go down
Kage Manako
Expert
Expert
Kage Manako

Libra Rat

PostSubject: Re: Mirage (Kage Manako)   Mirage (Kage Manako) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 6:13 pm

Kage says to the golem, " If that is the case, where would the Sultan be, and would you take me there?" Wondering how helpful this golem truly is.
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Mirage (Kage Manako)   Mirage (Kage Manako) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 6:19 pm

"That is beyond my power, Master," the golem replied, "The Djinni Sultan lives high above in the Djinni Kingdom. In order to reach him, you must proceed to the Cavern of the Wyrmwraith in the east, wherein you must find the Magic Carpet of Nida'la. It will take you to him."

Back to top Go down
Kage Manako
Expert
Expert
Kage Manako

Libra Rat

PostSubject: Re: Mirage (Kage Manako)   Mirage (Kage Manako) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 6:23 pm

Kage says, " I have seen a Djinni with cuffs on his wrists, saying something about a 'contract', would you know anything about it?"
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Mirage (Kage Manako)   Mirage (Kage Manako) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 6:28 pm

"You speak of an ifrit, Master," the golem corrected, "Beware the Ifriti, for the ghul are their lower brothers, and they are known to be far more powerful and cunning."

Back to top Go down
Kage Manako
Expert
Expert
Kage Manako

Libra Rat

PostSubject: Re: Mirage (Kage Manako)   Mirage (Kage Manako) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 6:33 pm

Kage suddenly realizes what he had actually helped, says, "What does an Ifrit do when its 'contract' is over?"
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Mirage (Kage Manako)   Mirage (Kage Manako) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 6:36 pm

"If such an evil were unbound," the golem warned, "It would be as a plague on the desert sands, blighting all life in its path and beginning a dark dynasty that would last for three-thousand years or until it was destroyed."

Back to top Go down
Kage Manako
Expert
Expert
Kage Manako

Libra Rat

PostSubject: Re: Mirage (Kage Manako)   Mirage (Kage Manako) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 6:39 pm

Kage says blatantly, "Well, how would I go stopping an Ifrit, for I unknownly released one from its 'contract', and stole some important items from me, and I want to correct my mistake." Not sure what reaction the golem would have to this information, Kage loosens up.
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Mirage (Kage Manako)   Mirage (Kage Manako) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 6:47 pm

"The path of your quest is unaltered, Master," the golem informed him, still no sign of aggression evident in its manner, "When you reach the Golden Palace of the Djinni Sultan, you must prove yourself worthy to wield the Shining Sword of Horus. With this weapon, you will be able to slay the ifrit."

Back to top Go down
Kage Manako
Expert
Expert
Kage Manako

Libra Rat

PostSubject: Re: Mirage (Kage Manako)   Mirage (Kage Manako) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 6:48 pm

Kage, eyes steeled with reslove, look to where the golem mentioned, and says to the golem, "One last question, would you join me?"
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Mirage (Kage Manako)   Mirage (Kage Manako) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 6:50 pm

"You are the Master," the golem replied as if it were obvious, "You are to be guarded until the last golem of Akakopolis falls."

Back to top Go down
Kage Manako
Expert
Expert
Kage Manako

Libra Rat

PostSubject: Re: Mirage (Kage Manako)   Mirage (Kage Manako) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 6:56 pm

Kage, thinks to himself, ' A army of golems, wow, that could be useful.' Kage starts looking for more intact heart stones, Kage says to the golem, "Help me activate your brethren."
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Mirage (Kage Manako)   Mirage (Kage Manako) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 7:04 pm

Mirage (Kage Manako) - Page 4 DesertGhoul          Mirage (Kage Manako) - Page 4 DesertGhoul

Before the golem could move to obey, an abrupt scratching brought Kage's attention to two gaunt, misshapen creatures with sickly green glowing eyes and putrid fangs near the edge of the ruins. As soon as they entered, the horrible looking things began smashing every statue they could find while making their way over to the swordsman and his golem with a hauntingly high titter.

"Battle has been initiated," the golem started forward, an electric aura appearing around it as it approached the monsters, "The Master will be protected."

~~~~~~~
Golem rolls Swiftness check
~ 20 + Swiftness 3 = 23 total

Qutrubs roll Swiftness check
~ 3 + Swiftness 4 = 7 total
~~~~~~~

Last edited by Narrator on Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion
Grand High Council

Number of posts : 749
Humor : Freedom makes the world go round! Freedom and love! And money!

PostSubject: Re: Mirage (Kage Manako)   Mirage (Kage Manako) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 7:04 pm

The member 'Narrator' has done the following action : Roll Dice:

'd20' : 20, 3
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixcitychronicle.friendhood.net
Kage Manako
Expert
Expert
Kage Manako

Libra Rat

PostSubject: Re: Mirage (Kage Manako)   Mirage (Kage Manako) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 7:11 pm

Kage, seeing the creatures destroying the statues, thinks to himself, 'Those must be the Guhl the golem spoke of.' As the creatures approached, Kage grip his sword for a fight, and says, "You will die by my blade!"

Kage rolls Swiftness check
~ 2 + God Speed 2 + Swiftness 5 = 9 total

Last edited by Kage Manako on Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion
Grand High Council

Number of posts : 749
Humor : Freedom makes the world go round! Freedom and love! And money!

PostSubject: Re: Mirage (Kage Manako)   Mirage (Kage Manako) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 7:11 pm

The member 'Kage Manako' has done the following action : Roll Dice:

'd20' : 2
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixcitychronicle.friendhood.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mirage (Kage Manako)   Mirage (Kage Manako) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mirage (Kage Manako)
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next