Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Members: Please Read

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Three Mysteries (Kaylea)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kaylea
Expert
Expert
Kaylea

Libra Buffalo
Number of posts : 208
Humor : Snarcastic
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Three Mysteries (Kaylea) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three Mysteries (Kaylea)   Three Mysteries (Kaylea) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 5:19 pm

"Mmm, this smells delicious!" she says and tucks into her dinner. After she's had a bit to eat she asks "So is there any more you can tell me about this Grassroot fellow?"
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo
Number of posts : 1115
Humor : I once killed a man for wasting paragraphs.
Registration date : 2008-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Three Mysteries (Kaylea)   Three Mysteries (Kaylea) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 5:22 pm

Three Mysteries (Kaylea) - Page 2 Barhops

"I can tell you that the locals won't be much help," Aramil admitted, "Suffice it to say he's always listening, and those who speak too much tend to end up not saying much else ever again. If you really want answers, he lives in that dark castle on the hill. I wouldn't recommend it though Kaylea; nobody who's ever gone near that place has come back to tell the tale."

Back to top Go down
http://phoenixcitychronicle.friendhood.net/
Kaylea
Expert
Expert
Kaylea

Libra Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Three Mysteries (Kaylea)   Three Mysteries (Kaylea) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 5:51 pm

"Well thank you for the warning my friends, I'll take care around that." She says with a look of concern.

With that she finishes her meal with a bit more small talk, bids her new friends goodnight, settles her tab, and heads to her room for a good nights rest.
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Three Mysteries (Kaylea)   Three Mysteries (Kaylea) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 6:35 am

Her room was fairly spartan; just a bed and a table with a lamp near a window. Out the window, Kaylea could see that the moon would be full tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Kaylea
Expert
Expert
Kaylea

Libra Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Three Mysteries (Kaylea)   Three Mysteries (Kaylea) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 7:41 am

"Well best get some sleep, busy day tomarrow." she says readying herself for the night.

"Sure hope I turn up something tomarrow." she yawns and gets confortable, falling fast asleep.
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Three Mysteries (Kaylea)   Three Mysteries (Kaylea) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 7:44 am

Kaylea had only slept what felt like an hour or two - just enough time to get comfortable - when the sound of a woman screaming outside startled her awake. By the time she rose to look out the window, a small crowd was forming around a woman huddled in a fetal crouch, her dress torn and shivering with the rest of her. On closer inspection, it appeared to be Adania.

Back to top Go down
Kaylea
Expert
Expert
Kaylea

Libra Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Three Mysteries (Kaylea)   Three Mysteries (Kaylea) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 7:48 am

hastily dressing and grabing her gear she leaps out the window and floats to the street. running over to the crowd.

"What happened here?" she exclaims.

~~~
Activates Flight
~~~
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Three Mysteries (Kaylea)   Three Mysteries (Kaylea) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 7:58 am

"So, you're a mage," Brundo sized Kaylea up as she drifted to the ground, turning his attention back to his frightened comrade with a grim stare, "Might be just what we need right now."

Adania's cheerful smile had completed vanished, replaced by a cold sweat and the look of panic in her eyes, her mouth turned downward as if perched on some ineffably terrible secret.

"My... my uncle!," she cried out at length, "I saw him walk! His face... oh God!"

At this, a hushed silence fell over the torch-lit townsfolk, who stared at the poor girl with shock and pity.

Back to top Go down
Kaylea
Expert
Expert
Kaylea

Libra Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Three Mysteries (Kaylea)   Three Mysteries (Kaylea) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 8:03 am

"Which way Adania." she spoke with concern, moving up and touching her friend lightly on the shoulder. "Which way did he go."
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Three Mysteries (Kaylea)   Three Mysteries (Kaylea) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 8:07 am

Adania gestured toward the cemetery with a shaky finger. Looking in that direction, Kaylea realized she had been a day off on calculating the night of the full moon.

Back to top Go down
Kaylea
Expert
Expert
Kaylea

Libra Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Three Mysteries (Kaylea)   Three Mysteries (Kaylea) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 8:18 am

"Thank you Adania." she said compasionatly before taking to the sky, heading for the cemetery.

"I'm going to get to the bottom of this. These people have suffered enough." she intoned to no one.
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Three Mysteries (Kaylea)   Three Mysteries (Kaylea) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 8:31 am

Three Mysteries (Kaylea) - Page 2 Cemetery

The cemetery, for being so frequently visited, was in considerable disrepair. Although the dim moonlight and chilling fog served to further obscure the details, Kaylea could be certain that many of the headstones were cracked and all but a few were overgrown.

At the speed with which she had arrived, Kaylea caught the man she had heard so much about by surprise, it seemed. He stood straight up and stared at her, guarded but not tense.

Three Mysteries (Kaylea) - Page 2 KraduPhane_150x200

"Another mage...," he addressed her coldly, almost boredly, "Were you sent by the Academy to stop me as well?"

Back to top Go down
Kaylea
Expert
Expert
Kaylea

Libra Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Three Mysteries (Kaylea)   Three Mysteries (Kaylea) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 8:47 am

"What Acadamy?" She asks as she settles to the ground, eyeing the crimson robed man warily. "The only reason that I'd want to stop you is if your the one that's terorizing the people of this town."
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Three Mysteries (Kaylea)   Three Mysteries (Kaylea) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 8:52 am

"You are mistaken," the robed man retorted in a matter-of-fact tone, "I am the only thing standing between this town and a secret that would tear it apart."

"However," he outstretched a hand brimming with dark energy, and two skeletons rose from the ground in front of him, poised to guard their dark master, "I do not have to explain myself to you. If you intend to stand in my way, your life is hereby forfeit."

~~~~~~~
Kradu activates Animate Skeleton

Kradu rolls Swiftness check; result = 4
~ 4 + Swiftness 2 = 6 total
~~~~~~~

Last edited by Narrator on Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion
Grand High Council

Number of posts : 749
Humor : Freedom makes the world go round! Freedom and love! And money!

PostSubject: Re: Three Mysteries (Kaylea)   Three Mysteries (Kaylea) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 8:52 am

The member 'Narrator' has done the following action : Roll Dice:

'd20' : 4
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixcitychronicle.friendhood.net
Kaylea
Expert
Expert
Kaylea

Libra Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Three Mysteries (Kaylea)   Three Mysteries (Kaylea) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 9:01 am

"Hey, if your not the one doing this then I see no reason to fight you." she stated taking a defencive stance, blades at the ready.

"I have no qualms with you" she says defiantly "I just want to bring ease back to this comunity"

~~~
Kaylea rolls Swiftness check; result = 20
~ 20 + Swiftness 4 = 24 total

Readys to Counter-attack if attacked
~~~~~~

Last edited by Kaylea on Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion
Grand High Council

PostSubject: Re: Three Mysteries (Kaylea)   Three Mysteries (Kaylea) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 9:01 am

The member 'Kaylea' has done the following action : Roll Dice:

'd20' : 20
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Three Mysteries (Kaylea)   Three Mysteries (Kaylea) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 9:17 am

Three Mysteries (Kaylea) - Page 2 MysteriousHat

"At last!," a man in a wide-brimmed hat panted as he got to the cemetery gates, then brandished a crossbow, "Alright Kaylea, I've got you this time! Fighting in a graveyard is pretty low, even for you, but it'll give me just the leverage I need to take you in. Hands up!"

"It would seem you have a more pressing engagement than I," the robed man gestured to the man in the hat, keeping his gaze fixed on Kaylea.

Back to top Go down
Kaylea
Expert
Expert
Kaylea

Libra Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Three Mysteries (Kaylea)   Three Mysteries (Kaylea) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 9:24 am

"It would seem so." she said before turning her attention to the new-comerand fireing off a rapid fire string of questions. "You know me? Who are you? What is it that you think I've done?"
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Three Mysteries (Kaylea)   Three Mysteries (Kaylea) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 9:32 am

"Oh, so you think you can evade the law by playing stupid eh?," the man growled, clearly tense as he aimed the crossbow, "I didn't get to be a captain back in the day by being easily fooled! Of course, you'd know all about that, wouldn't you?! Put your hands up now! This is your last warning!"

"So, the city guard is now taking employees from the ranks of its criminally unstable," the ruby-robed necromancer chuckled to himself.

"What was that?!," the guard briefly took his eyes off Kaylea to shoot the robed man a heated glare, "Don't mock me! I'll have you know that necromancy is forbidden in these parts, and you're looking at some jail time for those abominations right there!"

"Oh, so sorry. You'd better take me in," the necromancer smirked behind his mask.

Back to top Go down
Kaylea
Expert
Expert
Kaylea

Libra Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Three Mysteries (Kaylea)   Three Mysteries (Kaylea) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 9:49 am

"Look, I honestly have NO idea who you are, and if you arent going to stop pointing that thing at me and give me some answers..." she says as a bolt of flame springs forth from her blade tward the crossbow. "...I'll just have to take action on that."

~~~
Fire Attack to Crossbow
8 Roll + 10 Magic + 4 Fire Attack + 3 Wand
Total = 25
~~~

Last edited by Kaylea on Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion
Grand High Council

PostSubject: Re: Three Mysteries (Kaylea)   Three Mysteries (Kaylea) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 9:49 am

The member 'Kaylea' has done the following action : Roll Dice:

'd20' : 8
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Three Mysteries (Kaylea)   Three Mysteries (Kaylea) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 9:58 am

"God damn you... mercenary!," the guard fumed as the crossbow was riveted from his hands by a gout of flame.

"It would seem you have lost sir," the necromancer noted, "A retreat would be prudent at this time."

"Oh, I'm going, but I'll be back with firepower you can't beat with fancy magic tricks. Justice will prevail!"

As the guard took off running, the necromancer returned his attention to Kaylea, "You keep... entertaining company."

Back to top Go down
Kaylea
Expert
Expert
Kaylea

Libra Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Three Mysteries (Kaylea)   Three Mysteries (Kaylea) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 10:05 am

"I've already said that I don't know him." she says quizically "Tho he seemed to know me..."

"So where were we before we were so rudely interupted?" she asks after a moments concideration, droping her hands to her sides, still ready but non-agressive."Ah, yes. I was about to ask you what your doing here."
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Three Mysteries (Kaylea)   Three Mysteries (Kaylea) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 10:13 am

"And I have already explained that I am not in the habit of answering to others," the necromancer replied curtly, "But if you must know, I am conducting an important and necessary experiment to discern the precise amount of negative energy in this tainted region. I have thus far concluded that it is at peak levels, but the long-term effects of such a taint, on both the land itself and the creatures inhabiting it, remain to be seen. I can only state the obvious thus far; dark energies are on the rise as the direct result of one Nathaniel Grassroot's arrival in the countryside."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Three Mysteries (Kaylea)   Three Mysteries (Kaylea) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Three Mysteries (Kaylea)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next