Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Members: Please Read

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles)

Go down 
+3
Cellus
Kaylea
Narrator
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo
Number of posts : 1115
Humor : I once killed a man for wasting paragraphs.
Registration date : 2008-11-29

A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles) Empty
PostSubject: A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles)   A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 8:06 am

A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles) Knuckles_damaged

It had happened so fast that only Brother Light, poised to care for the fallen despite his fears, even had time to react. Knuckles McDaniel, the young tough from Phoenix City that the heroes had embraced as one of their own... who had lead them in the revolt against the demon Vektor... had fallen in battle.

In the moments that followed, the infamous Nathaniel Grassroot and his guard had been dispatched, one by one, at the hands of Marrowbrook's destined saviors. In the end, the dark sorcerer met his final reward, not by the hands of visitors from afar, but three childhood friends who had vowed to free their own homeland together.

As Grassroot's soul now resided in a gem designed by haunted necromancer Kradu Phane and failed angel Nevara's clever plan to hold him prisoner forever, the adventure continued...

Back to top Go down
http://phoenixcitychronicle.friendhood.net/
Kaylea
Expert
Expert
Kaylea

Libra Buffalo
Number of posts : 208
Humor : Snarcastic
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles)   A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 9:18 am

As the undead sorcerer was sealed away in the gem held by her necrmancer companion, all that had happened in that final fight. The male guard was destroyed, the female fled. Her new companions injuries lay apparent, as she realized that one of them no longer stood.

"Knuckles." she wispered and teleported to his side, checking for signs of life "He's not breating!"
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles)   A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 9:40 am

A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles) Burk

"Oh no... no!," Burk tensed as he saw the young man's burnt body, "Not him too!"

A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles) Nevara

"Gods have mercy...," Nevara looked down, obviously pained at having lost another charge while Kradu, somewhat breaking from character, placed a hand on her shoulder and silently looked on.

A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles) Tal_Kadorin5

Looking to Brother Light, Tal nodded with a smile, "Just fine, Knuckles will be, will he not Brother Light?"

A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles) BrotherLight

Nodding in unison with the monk, Brother Light looked to Cellus, "Yes, I believe he will, but he will not be healed by my hand. Sister Cellus, would you kindly aid our friend in returning to the realm of the living?"

Back to top Go down
Cellus
Banned
Banned
Cellus

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles)   A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 9:52 am

Cellus looked surprised for a moment, almost opening her mouth to protest, before nodding resolutely and stepping quickly to the young man's side. She knelt, looking at her palms for a moment, "I can do this," she whispered to herself. Gently she rested her hands on Knuckles chest, and began to hum a low tone. There was a flash, as Cellus' entire body began the glow, the light flowing across her fallen comrade's chest and slowly covering his entire body. "It's not your time yet Mason," she whispered.

~~~~~
Cellus uses Ressurrection on Knuckles (1/2)
(-3 HP; 21/24 HP)
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles)   A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 9:56 am

A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles) Knuckles_Healed

His body still emitting a faint white glow, Knuckles stood tall and firm, then looked back to Cellus with a confident smirk, "The name's Knuckles."

With that, he gave a thumbs up and winked.

Back to top Go down
Kaylea
Expert
Expert
Kaylea

Libra Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles)   A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 10:28 am

"You sure you should be standin hon?," she said, concern in her voice as she patted Cellus's shoulder
Back to top Go down
Cellus
Banned
Banned
Cellus

PostSubject: Re: A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles)   A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 10:38 am

"I'm-I'm fine," Cellus said weakly and a little out of breath, attempting to stand on shaky legs, managing to remain upright for only a few moments before her knees buckled under her and she tumbled back to the ground with a squeak, "I'm sorry," she murmurmed sheepishly, "I've never ressurrected anyone before..."
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles)   A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 10:45 am

Immediately moving forward as she fell, Tal caught Cellus from behind and aided Kaylea in helping her to her feet, "Alright, I am certain you will be, but just in case... perhaps I should carry you?"

"I've got her buddy," Burk walked over, "You should save your strength. You just gave Grassroot one hell of a fight."

For a moment, Tal and Burk exchanged a look that seemed less friendly and more competitive.

A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles) Knuckles

"Wait a minute guys," Knuckles stepped between them, "If it wasn't for Cellus, I probably wouldn't be walking around right now. Let me carry her."

Looking to their friend in surprise, then to each other, Tal and Burk both nodded in unison, and Knuckles picked the young healer up in his arms with a friendly smile, "When we get back to town, drinks are on me."

Back to top Go down
Kaylea
Expert
Expert
Kaylea

Libra Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles)   A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 11:12 am

'Well I was talking to Mr. Sarcasm but...'

she relinqueshes cellus to Tals and Burks capable care "No I don't think so tough guy. I think you need some rest, die'n and comin back aint isn't easy ya know." she says as she walks over to support Knuckles.
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles)   A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 11:18 am

"Wouldn't know... never died before this," Knuckles grinned, standing up slowly.

"There's really no need for anybody to carry anybody," Nevara spoke up, "I could simply use one of my gates to bring us back to town, if you prefer."

Back to top Go down
Cellus
Banned
Banned
Cellus

PostSubject: Re: A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles)   A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 11:30 am

Cellus turned to Nevara with a grateful smile on her face, "I think thats the best idea right now," she murmured. "And I think you can put me down now Mason," she said as she looked up at the young fighter.
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles)   A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 11:39 am

Nodding a bit, Knuckles set her down, "Be careful though, eh?"

With that, the group turned to Nevara as she threw her silver amulet to the ground, from which sprung a door leading right to Marrowbrook.

"Shall we?," Nevara said as if opening a door to a fancy restaurant.

A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles) Marrowbrook

Marrowbrook was as it had always been, but the dark clouds were receding, and the noonday sun shone in, and the townsfolk, clearly still dazed about the sudden change in weather, were lost in talk about what it might mean.

"Now this is more like it!," Burk laughed and ran for the pub to get a drink.

Back to top Go down
Cellus
Banned
Banned
Cellus

PostSubject: Re: A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles)   A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 11:50 am

Cellus smiled and walked unsteadily after her large friend, "Why do I have a feeling we've done this before," she said to the group with a light giggle.
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles)   A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 12:03 pm

"We didn't have Red Rober or Kaylea with us last time!," Knuckles corrected with a grin.

A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles) KraduPhane_150x200

"Perhaps that is just as well," Kradu looked to the horizon, "It is time I was on my way."

"I would agree with you," Nevara smiled softly, "Perhaps it's time to heal. I know of a place, if you are interested in finding the answers you seek."

At this, Kradu nodded silently.

Nodding in turn, Nevara made a series of gestures with her hands, and the gateway shifted to show Nocturne beyond. As she and Kradu prepared to step through, she looked to the others with an expression that could pass for friendly, "I am sure our paths will cross again. When they do, I look forward to seeing how much stronger you've become."

"And Kaylea," Kradu looked to the fiery-haired swordswoman, "I thank you... for trusting me."

Having said their goodbyes, the two dark heroes stepped through the gate, which closed behind them.

Back to top Go down
Kaylea
Expert
Expert
Kaylea

Libra Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles)   A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 12:35 pm

"Your welcome." she says to the empty air stareing at the space the crimson robed figure just vanished from.

As she recovers from Kradus hasty deprture, she streaches basking in the partial sunlight. "Feels good to be out of that castle and back in the open air." straightening up she turns to her new comrads "Well how about that meal, bath and bed eh?"
Back to top Go down
Cellus
Banned
Banned
Cellus

PostSubject: Re: A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles)   A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 12:44 pm

Cellus smiled and nodded over her shoulder, "That sounds like the best plan I've heard in a long time," she said before turning and stumbling into the tavern.
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles)   A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 12:52 pm

"Uh oh. Looks like Nurse Cellus is drunk before she ever gets into the pub," Knuckles grinned toward Tal.

Tal promptly blushed, "Make such jests, I wish you would not."

"Aw, just kiddin' buddy; go get 'er!," Knuckles laughed raucously and ran into the pub after Burk, giving Cellus a random hug as he went.

"Hopelessly deluded, that poor man is," Tal huffed, his cheeks still red.

A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles) BrotherLight

"Perhaps not," Brother Light smiled kindly, placing a hand on the monk's shoulder, "And you will all be needing her soon enough. Tomorrow morning, I begin my journey home."

"Must you?," Tal winced.

"I was never an adventurer like you," Brother Light's eyes softened to match his smile, "But there will always be a room open for your party at the Phoenix City Temple of Helios."

"I thank you," Tal smiled, walking into the pub.

'I thank you', Brother Light smiled in silence as he looked toward the setting sun, 'Because of you and your friends, Brother Tal, I and my father can finally put this nightmare behind us.'

Back to top Go down
Cellus
Banned
Banned
Cellus

PostSubject: Re: A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles)   A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 1:23 pm

Cellus stopped dead in her tracks as she heard what Tal said, her back, once slouched with fatigue, now straight as a pin. She shot a quick glance back at the grasslander, her eyes filled with a mix of rage, hurt, and sadness. Her breath hitched in her throat and she quickly whipped around, stumbling into the bar as quickly as she could, looking for the table where her companions would be seated.
Back to top Go down
Kaylea
Expert
Expert
Kaylea

Libra Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles)   A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 1:51 pm

"I think you've hurt her fealings." she says to the males standing outside "Tho I'm not sure how." and she walks after Cellus into the bar.

Looking arround for the young girl, finding her inside she walks up to her "Whats wrong hon? sonething he said srike a cord you willing to share?" she asks with worry.
Back to top Go down
Cellus
Banned
Banned
Cellus

PostSubject: Re: A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles)   A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 2:01 pm

Cellus look up at the woman in surprise, apparently lost in her own thoughts, "Huh? Wha- n-no, nothings wrong," she defensively, and unconvincingly. She quickly scurried over to the table where the others sat, scooting a chair close to Burk.
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles)   A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 2:10 pm

"You okay Cellus?," Burk blinked as she scurried over beside him.

"Probably needs some dinner and a nice, long rest," Knuckles smiled warmly, then looked up, "Hey waiter!"

A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles) Barmaid

"Coming, sir!," the elven barmaid came over, "What'll ya have?"

"House special, all around, and lots of ale," Knuckles pulled a coin sack from his boot and set it on the table with a loud clink, "I want to drink until I can't tell up from down, and that'll take a lot've liquor!"

About that time, Tal started to come into the pub to explain himself, but seeing the elf that Cellus had gotten jealous over last time right there, he swallowed hard and backed out.

Back to top Go down
Kaylea
Expert
Expert
Kaylea

Libra Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles)   A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 2:30 pm

'Hmm, well that wasnt what I was expecting.'

"Heya, um... I'm sorry I don't think I ever asked your name." she says addressing the elven woman appologeticaly.
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles)   A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 2:33 pm

A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles) Barmaid

"Most don't," the barmaid smiled cordially, "I'm Sylvestia."

"I knew it!," Burk laughed, "I knew I'd seen you before. It was the festival last time we were in town! You were the girl that was dancing with T-well, that was a long time ago, huh?"

"Seems like it sometimes," Sylvestia smiled almost apologetically, "I really have to be getting to that order. See you guys in a bit."

With that, she hurried back to the kitchen, all too aware of the death glare she was undoubtedly getting from Cellus.

Back to top Go down
Cellus
Banned
Banned
Cellus

PostSubject: Re: A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles)   A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 2:46 pm

Cellus was indeed staring daggers at Sylvestia as she left the group, but it wasn't long before her lip began to quiver and she slumped low in her chair, "I want to get shitfaced," she swore, comepletely off center for her.
Back to top Go down
Kaylea
Expert
Expert
Kaylea

Libra Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles)   A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 3:02 pm

A look of shock flares across her face at the young grasslanders expression.

A second later she recovers grabing Cellus and lightly but forcefully draging her over to a table on the other side of the room "How about you do that where its just us girls, eh?" she states ignoreing any protests.

As she sits down her expression changes to represent the seriousness of what she's about to say "Your jellous aren't you. Have you even told him how you feel?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles)   A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Hero's Resolve (Phoenix City Chronicles)
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next