Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Members: Please Read

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion
Grand High Council

Number of posts : 749
Humor : Freedom makes the world go round! Freedom and love! And money!
Registration date : 2008-11-29

Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles) Empty
PostSubject: Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 1:32 pm

As the portal opened, our heroes were flung out one by one. Kage was the first in and the first out. Brother Light and Ami, who had gone in together, were sent out together, with him landing on top of her in a rather awkward position. Next came Knuckles, Nevara, Kradu, Cerys, and Ro, all in order.

Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles) PhoenixCityDark

The scene before them was a familiar one, not unlike the streets they had walked so many times, but somehow the world felt different. Darker.

Back to top Go down
http://phoenixcitychronicle.friendhood.net
Ami Yuuka
Expert
Expert
Ami Yuuka

Leo Rooster
Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 1:35 pm

Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles) ShadowAmi

"Ooo, I think I like this plane, it's dark." Ami grinned up at Jordan mischievously before pulling his head down to hers and kissing him.
Back to top Go down
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion
Grand High Council

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 1:43 pm

Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles) BrotherLight_new

"Er...," Jordan blushed as the kiss broke to find the others standing by grinning at the event.

All except for Knuckles. He had ironically missed a perfectly good opportunity to razz the cleric amidst worried pacing.

Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles) Knuckles_Dukes2

"Where is she...," he worried, "Where is she...?"

Back to top Go down
Cerys
Expert
Expert
Cerys

Aquarius Rat
Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 1:48 pm

Finally waking from the sleep, Glancing around seeing an unfamiliar area from where he began his sleep from, 'Uhh.. where the hell did i sleep walk off to now.'

Watching as everyone was crowding around Ami and Light, wanders over to the gathering. 'Well seems like everyone is here i think.' Just as he finished thinking that, he overheard Knuckles voice worrying about something.

Heading to Knuckles he looks up to him, "Whos missing." as he begins to look around, trying to figure out himself.
Back to top Go down
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion
Grand High Council

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 1:55 pm

"It's Kaylea," Knuckles looked up, "Did anyone see her come through?"

Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles) Kradu_Nevara

"This is why I use portals as little as I have to anymore," Nevara sighed.

"Unreliable," Kradu concurred.

"What are you saying?!," Knuckles raised his voice as he threw a heated glare to The Narrator, "Buddy, if she's in any kind of trouble cause'a' you..."

"They are saying that Kaylea did not arrive successfully through the portal and is therefore...," Brother Light looked askance, "Somewhere else."

Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles) Narrator_snowy

"It's not as bad as all that," Ro beamed.

"Not as bad as all that?!," Knuckles picked him up by his collar.

"Relaaaax," The Narrator kept his cool, "I just have to go back in time and guide her through myself this time. No problem."

"Easy as that huh?," Knuckles huffed.

Back to top Go down
Kage Manako
Expert
Expert
Kage Manako

Libra Rat
Number of posts : 172

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 2:07 pm

Kage, seeing Knuckles pull Ro up by his collar, says, "Hey, hey, calm down Kunckles, if anyone can find her, Ro can."

Kage then sees a familiar feline sitting on the ground, Kage then says with looks to been a smile, "Well, I was beginning to think you wern't gonna be awake for a while." Kage then asks Ro, " More to the problem at hand, where exactly are we?"
Back to top Go down
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion
Grand High Council

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 2:14 pm

Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles) Narrator_snowy

"You're right where you were just moments ago," The Narrator replied, "Places don't change. People do. Well, I'm off to find Miss Kaylea. Don't forget to look up Tal Kadorin. And good luck!"

With that, he faded away in a flurry of sparkling sand.

Back to top Go down
Ami Yuuka
Expert
Expert
Ami Yuuka

Leo Rooster
Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 2:16 pm

Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles) ShadowAmi

"Well your no help." Ami grumbled -still pinned under Jordan. "Alrighty then, off we go?"
Back to top Go down
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion
Grand High Council

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 2:24 pm

Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles) KraduPhane_150x200

"A moment's consideration before we do that," Kradu interjected with his usual abrasiveness, "If I heard our enigmatic patron correctly, we are in a world like our own but with different people. We should proceed with caution, lest universe-ending paradoxes ensue in the aftermath of our actions."

Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles) Nevara_New

"That's a common misconception about alternate realities actually," Nevara corrected, "It's true that the actions of one person can change the world, but the moment they do so outside the natural flow of time-space, the reality diverges thereafter. Our actions here can only affect this timeline, as it has already split."

"That said, and I can't believe I'm saying this," Light shook his head, "Magi Phane has a point. This world may be very different from our own."

"I hear a lotta talk an' none of it is gettin' us where we want to go," Knuckles crossed his arms.

Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles) CaptainWaylan

"You're not going anywhere!," a voice interrupted as a guard stepped out, sword drawn, "Cerys, by the order of the Grand High Council, you're under arrest!"

Back to top Go down
Cerys
Expert
Expert
Cerys

Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 2:32 pm

Looking around seeing an unknown face until he spoke, "Its you Kage, bout time you returned... " just as he was strolling around trying to figure out who the newcomer was, he vanished into nothingness. 'Well guess i wont know who he was.'

As he was shifting to his humanistic form, the guard rushed out saying he was from the Grand High Council, saying he was under arrest, 'Oh hell... i just wake up and ive already pissed someone off... what a way to make an entrance. Just perfect.'

Looking up to the guard, "Why do you say im under arrest, i have done nothing wrong, ive arrived here with my friends just recently."
Back to top Go down
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion
Grand High Council

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 2:40 pm

"What kind of fool do you take me for?!," the officer grunted, "We know very well who you are and who you're working for, jewel thief! Guards, take them into custody. All of them!"

Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles) CityGuardShadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles) CityGuardShadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles) CityGuard

Sure enough, the entire squad came out of the alleys all around, surrounding our heroes.

"This looks a might grim my friend," Light looked to Cerys, "Clearly, your other self was less well behaved. We won't convince them easily. I will not shed innocent blood, no matter how ignorant, but I will not attempt to stop you either. The choice is yours."

"I'm right behind ya pal," Knuckles took a fighting stance, "But he's right. We either go with these guys or against them."

Back to top Go down
Kage Manako
Expert
Expert
Kage Manako

Libra Rat

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 2:49 pm

Kage thinks to himself, 'Hmm, if there is another Cerys, it just be....' Kage says, "What if we were able to bring in your Cerys? Then would you believe us?"
Back to top Go down
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion
Grand High Council

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 2:52 pm

"We don't actually have a warrant for any of the rest of you," the captain noted, "And it would cut down on paperwork... Tell ya what. If Cerys comes along quietly, we'll just take him and IF, somehow, you can prove to me later that his new look isn't just a cheap disguise, we'll talk."

Back to top Go down
Cerys
Expert
Expert
Cerys

Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 3:03 pm

Looking at the guards that poured from the alleyways, and streets surrounding them all. 'Well i guess we are somewhere where another person like me with my name seemed to piss off some of the wrong people... an di had to arrive right infront of the city guards... talk about timing. Damn you fate... i seem to get jipped.'

Looking to his companions that are with him, "Well if i do go with them, you guys have to locate this other guy. I dont like being confined somewhere where i have no idea what is going on. "

Looking back to the main guard, "Well ill go with you, and hopefully this starts to show that im not the one your after, being im willingly going to go with you while my friends try to locate this other Cerys you claim me to be."

After saying that he walks up to the main guard, awaiting his lead to the holding area.
Back to top Go down
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion
Grand High Council

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 3:10 pm

As the captain walked up to put Cerys in manacles, Knuckles suddenly decked the incautious officer onto his back before sticking out his arms for a set of his own cuffs, "That's assault. I go with him."

~@~

As Knuckles and Cerys found themselves in a cell sans their weapons, Brother Light and Kage stood outside.

"Spiritual advisers only get 30 minutes with criminals in this reality," Light shook his head, "The laws are stricter than I remember."

"So how'd Kage get in with ya?," Knuckles asked with a grin.

"Apparently the law also allows a priest to come with an armed guard," Light shrugged, "Anyway, the others are outside, and we shall do everything in our power to capture Cerys' rogue counterpart that he may face his own justice."

Back to top Go down
Kage Manako
Expert
Expert
Kage Manako

Libra Rat

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 3:19 pm

Kage says, " Well, this is odd, Our Cerys isn't a bad thief, but apparantly this one is, so, if that's the case, where did you used to roam before then?"
Back to top Go down
Cerys
Expert
Expert
Cerys

Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 3:30 pm

Trying to remember back from his past living as a thief, "Well there were multiple stores i would frequent in my cat form, being they were lack-luster in their security. The main guard said i was a jewel thief, so the only place i could think was Samuelson's Jewelers, it had a vent i used to get into the building from there, and was able to get a jewel or two out while he was away."

Looking down at his feet, "The only thing about that place though was the security became beefed up, so it was harder to get in, and i tried one last time, and didn't manage to get one of the larger diamond settings he had in his shop that day. He nearly caught me and found out how i got in and sealed that vent preventing me from getting in."

Remembering the last place he attempted to hit up, "There was one other place but i wasn't even able to get in, it was Toma's Eccentrics, that place had jewels out everywhere, seemingly defenseless... but once i tried on an evening, that place lit up like a christmas tree with security systems beyond the normal store."

Looking back to Light and Kage, "If i was still a thief i would have hung around those places being the people once they left the store they would have had either taken in jewels or came out with them. Easy pickings being he would be nimble to get them from people going into those places."
Back to top Go down
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion
Grand High Council

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 3:41 pm

"It could work," Light nodded, "But there is the problem of picking out one white cat from countless others roaming the city."

"That plan is a waste of time," Knuckles voice seemed to come from the shadows beyond before a guard stepped out whose resemblance to McDaniel was unmistakable.

Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles) Alt_Mason

"Cerys is working for the Knights," the officer crossed his arms, "He's one of their best cat burglars. I oughta know. Tracked the little bastard for years."

"That's how I know the cat in the cell isn't him," the guard walked up, looking Cerys over and then Knuckles with an amused grin, "So it's true. You're me in some other world. Looks like I got the better end of that deal."

Back to top Go down
Cerys
Expert
Expert
Cerys

Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 3:48 pm

Looks at the newcomer who appeared in-front of the cell claiming to be Knuckles alternate self, holding in a small laugh as he finished his talking, "Finally someone who agrees with me, knowing im not the one the other guards are after. Now only if someone else would believe us i could get out of here."

Looking to the Alternate Knuckles, "So any idea on where your tracking shows where the alternate Cerys has been at. With the things hes been hitting up i might have somewhat an idea where he might try to go for next."
Back to top Go down
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion
Grand High Council

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 4:13 pm

"Cerys was always bitter," Officer McDaniel noted with a bite that suggested some manner of pity mingled with his disdain, "He raised himself on the streets and figured pretty early on that he was the only one looking out for his best interests. It wasn't long before he fell in with Omerta and worked his way up their ladder. He started small, but by now, the places this cat mentioned are chump change for him. If he hits a target, it'll be big and he'll be well organized."

"Well that's easy man!," Knuckles clapped his gloves together, the brass knuckles making a shrill clang as they collided, "You just gotta let us out and we can help you catch this guy. Problem solved."

"Not so fast," McDaniel glared to his counterpart, "I don't know a thing about you, man, except that you appear to be me from some other place. If this Cerys is a hero, why shouldn't I believe you're a villain? You've already assaulted an officer and from the looks of ya I'd say you have no respect for the law."

"The system failed me!," Knuckles shot back angrily, "And who the hell are you to judge? You think that badge makes you the law? Your system is broken!"

"As a matter of fact," McDaniel turned around, "This badge DOES make me the law, and until I figure out what's going down here, you and your cat buddy aren't going anywhere. What's more, I'm going with the priest and his guard to oversee this operation myself."

Back to top Go down
Kage Manako
Expert
Expert
Kage Manako

Libra Rat

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 4:17 pm

Kage thinks to himself, "Well, better than nothing I suppose.' Kage says to alt Knuckles, "So, where do you think Cerys would hit next then?"
Back to top Go down
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion
Grand High Council

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 4:22 pm

"I can think of a few locations, but first thing's first," Officer McDaniel pointed toward the exit with one thumb, "We need to visit city hall and get this cleared with Lady Maven or there is no mission."

Back to top Go down
Cerys
Expert
Expert
Cerys

Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 4:27 pm

Standing up from the bench he and knuckles were sitting on, "Well we shall need to move quickly so we can get this over with and get the real one your after."

Looking over to Knuckles, "Lets try to be a little easier with what happens, the other me in this time is a pro-thief, something i would have become if i didn't find Molly. So its like a complete opposite of me, and the other one of you is a lawman, so he would think your something your not. So we need to convince them that we both are upstanding people, even if we both know we are already we have to show the ones here."

Glancing back to the Alternate Knuckles, "Shall we make our way to get this done."
Back to top Go down
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion
Grand High Council

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 4:35 pm

"If by we, you mean the priest, swordsman, and myself, I intend to if Lady Maven approves it," McDaniel nodded firmly, "But given she somehow knew a temporal disturbance was going to occur this evening, I imagine her precognition knows exactly what we ought to do anyway."

"Oh, and I'm quite sorry to hear that your moral quest being lost depended on little Molly Welder," the officer sighed before delivering the news, "That means I have the unfortunate duty of informing you she was murdered, along with her father, three years ago. We never did find the killers but I haven't given up on that cold case yet."

Back to top Go down
Cerys
Expert
Expert
Cerys

Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 4:43 pm

Looking back to the knuckles he knew, "Well this might be something that we could help bring in the other Cerys. You remember that night a long time ago Kunx, it was the night we first met and found the thugs carrying a sword. Those thugs were from the Omerta..."

'If the Cerys of this world knew of their involvement in killing Molly, would that change his views...'

Looking to the Alternate Knuckles, "Well we need to go talk to the city hall, and talk to this Lady Maven."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next