Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Members: Please Read

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo
Number of posts : 1115
Humor : I once killed a man for wasting paragraphs.
Registration date : 2008-11-29

Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting) Empty
PostSubject: Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting)   Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting) Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 10:53 am

Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting) Arena

The Phoenix City Arena is a splendid place to watch a fight. And there's no shortage of fighters. They didn't choose this life, of course. Most never make it past the first few bouts, and almost all want out, but a rare few rise to the top of the heap and make a name for themselves in the history of the tournament.

This is their story.

~

Mia was still very much adjusting to life as a slave. She had been a wanderer all her life, practicing the gypsy magic of her people until, one terrible day, she and her caravan were rounded up by desert brigands. It had been months since that time, but the wounds were still fresh inside and out.

The slave pits were a constant reminder, of course, how far she had fallen. The sweaty, dirty, muscle-bound men that she shared them with constantly eyed her. It was only a matter of time before one made a move and then, she knew, she would have to defend herself or die trying.

Back to top Go down
http://phoenixcitychronicle.friendhood.net/
Comedy and Tragedy
Novice
Novice
Comedy and Tragedy

Leo Rooster
Number of posts : 37
Humor : Tragedy: I think I'll go cry myself to sleep... Comedy: No! Lets go see a comic!
Registration date : 2009-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting)   Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting) Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 10:57 am

Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting) Mia

Mia's muscles contracted on her back. Being in this place made her skin crawl. It made her feel claustrophobic. She hated it. This was no place for her. She belonged somewhere else. "Why me?" She mumbled.
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting)   Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting) Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 11:01 am

Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting) Burtus

"Well loo-kee here," a harsh voice crackled in the language of the goblins from behind her, "Looks like someone delivered Burtus some fresh meat. C'mere sweetheart, I'm awwwwful hungry, hehehe."

Back to top Go down
Comedy and Tragedy
Novice
Novice
Comedy and Tragedy

Leo Rooster
Humor : Tragedy: I think I'll go cry myself to sleep... Comedy: No! Lets go see a comic!

PostSubject: Re: Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting)   Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting) Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 11:09 am

"If you come any closer..." Mia said lifting her hands defensively. "I will hurt you." She whispered sliding back slightly. Her small stature didn't give her any advantages here.
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting)   Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting) Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 11:14 am

Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting) Burtus

With no apprehension whatsoever, the hulking goblinoid moved so close that she could feel him breathing down her blouse as his blood red eyes fixed on her like a lion on a lamb, "Kinky."

This was it. This was the moment she knew would come. It was kill or be killed. But then, in a flash, the moment was gone as something thundered by at incredible speed, knocking the brute across his skullcap and sending him spinning to the ground with a blood-soaked soar.

Mounted a few yards from where her near-rape had taken place was her savior. He was handsome. He was armor-clad. He was different from anything she'd seen in here so far.

Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting) SirLaus_150x200

"Apologies for the delay, Milady," the knightly warrior smiled from beneath his helm, "It's a big Arena."

Back to top Go down
Comedy and Tragedy
Novice
Novice
Comedy and Tragedy

Leo Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting)   Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting) Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 11:16 am

Mia hadn't realized it until now, but she was holding her breath. She let out a shaky breath and slid to the ground. "Thank you." She whispered.
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting)   Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting) Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 11:19 am

"Where were you going?," the man trotted over his horse, "I'd be happy to give you a ride there."

Reaching down to offer his hand, the nobleman smiled once more, "I am Sir Laus."

Back to top Go down
Comedy and Tragedy
Novice
Novice
Comedy and Tragedy

Leo Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting)   Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting) Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 11:27 am

"Anywhere thats not here Sir Laus." Mia Sighed. "I am Mia, and I am forever indebted to you." She stood, and curtsied.
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting)   Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting) Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 11:31 am

After helping the lady onto the saddle behind him, Laus smiled once again, "That I was able to be of assistance is reward enough, but if you insist, you could tell me about yourself on the way."

With that, he kicked into the stirrups and they were off, galloping out of the slave pits and onto a wide castle wall.

Back to top Go down
Comedy and Tragedy
Novice
Novice
Comedy and Tragedy

Leo Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting)   Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting) Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 11:36 am

"Well, My name is Mia, I am 18 years old, I am a prophet. I have always been loyal to those who help me. I can fight, if the situation calls for it." Mia took a breath. "There are many aspects to me. You'll have to ask to find out." She smiled.
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting)   Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting) Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 11:40 am

"Charming and mysterious, I like that in a woman," Laus grinned as they galloped across the castle wall-top, "My story ...is a gladiator's story as told by a knight who lived it."

Suddenly, Mia was thrown forward into the back of Laus' armor as the horse skidded to a stop, reigned in by its rider just in time to keep them from tumbling off the wall and into certain death in the pits below.

Back to top Go down
Comedy and Tragedy
Novice
Novice
Comedy and Tragedy

Leo Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting)   Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting) Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 11:42 am

Mia had to grab ahold of Sir Laus around the waist to keep from falling off. "Woah, what was that?" Mia asked startled.
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting)   Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting) Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 11:45 am

Eyes fixed on the source of the disturbance, standing confidently on the wall just ten meters ahead, Sir Laus steeled himself, "Who goes there! Friend or foe?"

Back to top Go down
Korg
Novice
Novice
Korg

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting)   Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting) Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 11:48 am

Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting) Korg

"Well, that depends, are you the Undefeated Sir Laus?" A voice comes from the corner, and a man is standing there, wearing what looks like animal skins, a wide hat that covers his face, and nothing in his hands except for a pair of brass knuckles that looked like they have been cooked by some intense heat.
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting)   Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting) Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 11:52 am

"I am he," Laus nodded firmly, "And who might You be?"

Last edited by Narrator on Mon May 31, 2010 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Korg
Novice
Novice
Korg

PostSubject: Re: Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting)   Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting) Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 11:59 am

"They call me Korg, and I'm here to take your title away. Do you accept?" Korg then drags one of his brass knuckles across the ground, suprising leaving a trail of sparks across the ground.
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting)   Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting) Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 12:15 pm

Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting) SirLaus_Helm

"Milady, it might be best if you dismounted. T'would appear I am in for a duel," Laus glowered toward the challenger before taking off his helm and saluting.

Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting) SirLaus

"I accept your challenge!," he charged forth.

~~~~
Sir Laus rolls Swiftness!
~ 20 + Swiftness 8 (4 x 2 Mount) + God Speed 2 + Swift Defense 2 + Adrenaline 3 = 35 total
~~~~

Last edited by Narrator on Mon May 31, 2010 12:23 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion
Grand High Council

Number of posts : 749
Humor : Freedom makes the world go round! Freedom and love! And money!

PostSubject: Re: Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting)   Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting) Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 12:15 pm

The member 'Narrator' has done the following action : Roll Dice:

'd20' : 20
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixcitychronicle.friendhood.net
Korg
Novice
Novice
Korg

PostSubject: Re: Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting)   Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting) Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 12:32 pm

As Korg sees Laus charging him, he thinks to himself, 'Well, let's see if this works.' He crouches, and jumps straight up, arms out, attempting to knock him off his horse.

~ Korg uses Clothesline on Laus
~ ~ Attack roll = 16
~ ~ ~ 16 + Attack 18 + 2 Brass Knuckles - 1 Hide Armor + 1 Spring Armor = 36 total (Make, or lose all attacks this turn)

Korg rolls Swiftness check;
result = 5
~ 5 + 6 Adrenaline + Swiftness 2 = 13 total

Last edited by Korg on Mon May 31, 2010 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion
Grand High Council

PostSubject: Re: Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting)   Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting) Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 12:32 pm

The member 'Korg' has done the following action : Roll Dice:

'd20' : 16, 5
Back to top Go down
Comedy and Tragedy
Novice
Novice
Comedy and Tragedy

Leo Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting)   Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting) Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 12:38 pm

"Damn it, I just got away from a fight!" Mia groaned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Swiftness
6 Roll +10 Swiftness+4 Speed Demon = 20 Total
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by Comedy and Tragedy on Mon May 31, 2010 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion
Grand High Council

PostSubject: Re: Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting)   Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting) Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 12:38 pm

The member 'Comedy and Tragedy' has done the following action : Roll Dice:

'd20' : 6
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting)   Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting) Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 12:45 pm

Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting) SirLaus_Helm

"Nice try!," Sir Laus charged through the attempt to dehorse him and thrust his lance forward in a stern blow, "But I've been here before!"

~~~~~
Sir Laus defends against Clothesline
~ 20 + Defense 16 + Heavy Armor 6 + Fighter 4 + Tower Shield 4 + Reinforced Helm 1 = 51 total (31 + roll)

Sir Laus activates Knightly Charge and Full Tilt!

Sir Laus attacks Korg with Lance (+ Enhance Weapons)
~ 11 + 12 Lance + 4 Fighter + 4 Enhance Weapons = 31 total (20 + roll; Korg must match/beat or be knocked unconscious)
~~~~~~

Last edited by Narrator on Mon May 31, 2010 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion
Grand High Council

PostSubject: Re: Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting)   Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting) Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 12:45 pm

The member 'Narrator' has done the following action : Roll Dice:

'd20' : 20, 11
Back to top Go down
Comedy and Tragedy
Novice
Novice
Comedy and Tragedy

Leo Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting)   Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting) Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 12:53 pm

Mia sighed. "This gets real old, real fast."
Mias world consisted of a bridge, collapsing, but it was collapsing only under Korg.

~~~~~~~~~
World of Illusion
28 Magic+4 Illusionist path =32
(Must make a Resistance check against Magic or enter an illusionary world in their mind while taking no actions in reality)
~~~~~~~~~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting)   Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Soldiers And Gentlemen (Phoenix City Sting)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next