Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Members: Please Read

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion
Grand High Council

Number of posts : 749
Humor : Freedom makes the world go round! Freedom and love! And money!
Registration date : 2008-11-29

Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 4:54 pm

Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 2 Knuckles_Dukes2

"Heavy...," Knuckles shook his head as he tried to take it all in, "Makes me wonder what else is different here... like how I ended up a lawman."

Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 2 Alt_Mason

"My mother encouraged me to pursue my dream of bringing justice to this city, so I enrolled and the rest is history," McDaniel noted.

"Mom huh?," Knuckles looked down quietly for a moment, "Yeah, that figures..."

As if in realization, Officer McDaniel reached in, placing a hand on his 'brother's' shoulder, "I'm sorry."

"My fiance's still out there somewhere," Knuckles didn't look up, "If you see her, tell her where to find me."

"I give you my word," the officer nodded firmly.

Just then, a guard brought him a note, which after reading he motioned to Cerys and Knuckles, "Looks like you're coming with us after all. Lady Maven's orders."

~@~

City Hall was predictably quiet, given the time of the night, and as Kage, Brother Light, Knuckles, and Cerys found themselves outside the enigmatic Lady Maven's office, Officer McDaniel turned to address them.

"Okay guys, on your best behavior," he ordered, "Lady Maven's not only a member of the Grand High Council but probably the best of the lot."

With that, they stepped in to find a face they hadn't expected looking back at them from behind the desk.

Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 2 Alt_Caroline

"Welcome," she smiled graciously, "Please have a seat."

Back to top Go down
http://phoenixcitychronicle.friendhood.net
Kage Manako
Expert
Expert
Kage Manako

Libra Rat
Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 4:57 pm

Kage bows and takes a seat, thinking to himself, 'If their Kunckles is a cop, Cerys is a big-time cat burglar, who knows what I am.'
Back to top Go down
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion
Grand High Council

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 4:59 pm

"A bit of an anomaly, actually," Lady Maven replied, "We have no record of anyone who could reasonably be your counterpart, Mr...?"

Back to top Go down
Kage Manako
Expert
Expert
Kage Manako

Libra Rat
Number of posts : 172

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 5:00 pm

Kage planily says, "Manako, Kage Manako." Undoubtly unsure what what reaction that would bring.
Back to top Go down
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion
Grand High Council

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 5:07 pm

Looking over a list of files, Lady Maven shook her head, "No... no such person ever registered as a citizen in this city."

"There are many pieces yet to be uncovered in this puzzle," she kindly reassured him, "I'm sure he'll turn up sooner or later dear boy."

Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 2 BrotherLight_new

"What about me?," Jordan asked hesitantly, not sure he wanted to know.

"I'm actually quite relieved to see you again Jordan," Lady Maven gave him a motherly smile.

"As am I, Brother Light," Officer McDaniel smiled a bit, "You really helped me through those early years in the academy, and when I heard you'd been murdered..."

"Murdered?," Light raised his eyebrows in disbelief.

"You went to a place called Marrowbrook to investigate a great evil there," McDaniel confirmed, "Reports back tell us that you never returned from Marrowbrook Castle, but we'll never know for certain."

Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 2 Knuckles_Dukes2

"This world has gone to hell in a handbasket," Knuckles crossed his arms.

Back to top Go down
Cerys
Expert
Expert
Cerys

Aquarius Rat
Number of posts : 125

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 5:17 pm

Listining to what all has happened to alternate selves of the group, "Well if you could allows us, we would like to help bring in this rouge Cerys, at least we could try to help right something here."

'Seems that where alternate selves encountered the opposite fate of what we encountered in our world.... This is going to be a long shot...'

Remembering something that the guy who vanished said ask around for Tal, Looking to Lady Maven, "Do you have any registry files on a couple people, Tal Kadorin a Grasslander, and he was a friend of our group and trusted ally, do you have records of where he might be."

Preparing himself for somewhat the worst, being he died or somehow turned to an dark person... 'I dont know entirely if i would want to know of the result, but the one guy said to look for him here.'
Back to top Go down
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion
Grand High Council

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 5:24 pm

"Tal Kadorin?," Lady Maven looked over the files once again, "I'm sorry, but I don't-"

"I do," Officer McDaniel finished, "When he was still around, Brother Light told me some wild stories about his adventures in the universe abroad. One of the most interesting was the tale of a warrior monk with such power that he could conjure storms around him and wield the power of the sun like a thunderbolt. His name was Tal Kadorin, and while I couldn't honestly tell you where to find him, I know who could."

Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 2 BrotherLight_new

"Are we certain it wasn't my father who was murdered?," Jordan shook his head incredulously.

"Oh, Jonathan's alive and well," Lady Maven assured him, "He hasn't been the same since he lost his son though. Retired to a life of contemplation."

"That's helpful to know," Officer McDaniel nodded, "He's exactly who I was taking you guys to see ."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shadows Fall (Phoenix City Chronicles)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2