Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Members: Please Read

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Elbow Grease (Ash City Alts)

Go down 
+2
Grand High Council
Dzara
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Himura
Novice
Novice
Himura

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-11-08

Elbow Grease (Ash City Alts) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elbow Grease (Ash City Alts)   Elbow Grease (Ash City Alts) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 5:10 pm

Letting out a gagged howl from the pain as the adrenalin starts to run out, and his vision growing more blurred, "Dammit this is irritating to high hell..." as he lets out another howl from the removal of the bandage which peeled up some of the flesh as it was removed and replaced it with another bandadge.

"Sal isnt there anyone you know that could heal this... im starting to get a good bit lightheaded from the loss... and soon i might be out of it."
Back to top Go down
Dzara
Adventurer
Adventurer
Dzara

Leo Buffalo
Number of posts : 75
Humor : I prefer the term 'alternative system of morality'.
Registration date : 2009-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Grease (Ash City Alts)   Elbow Grease (Ash City Alts) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 5:23 pm

Dzara let herself in and closed the door behind her. Her dark eyes quickly took stock of the situation. She crossed the room quickly, setting the file she was holding on the desk behind the nodding gnome. Her attention was already focused on the bleeding werewolf.

"What did you do, Mr. Shinari?" she scolded mildly before pressing her hands over the wound slightly harder than necessary, causing the wounded lycanthrope to growl at her, and summoning her healing energy to knit the flesh back together. Even as she did the routine task, her mind was far away, trying to make sense of the suddenly very long night.

Everything was the same as it had been twenty-four hours before, but her perception had changed dramatically. Facts she had thought were solid had turned into ghosts before her very eyes while the ghost that had haunted her for the last six months had turned solid. She could almost feel a hysterical giggle building in her throat. Ruthlessly, she pushed it back and concentrated on healing the injured monster on the table. If she gave into the laughter, she knew it would be impossible to stop the tears and fears that still hovered about her mind, eagerly awaiting their chance at freedom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dzara heals Himura.

~ 8 [16 Magic/2] +4 [Healer path]= +12 hit points
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back to top Go down
Himura
Novice
Novice
Himura

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Grease (Ash City Alts)   Elbow Grease (Ash City Alts) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 3:09 pm

Staring blankly as the darkness started to become more vivid, he started to feel a warmth from the center of the chest where the arrow hit. 'What is this sensation... its something that ive not felt before... '

As he started to look up the darkness was fading and he saw the blood was clotting, sealing the wound... and at the side of him was Dzara, whos hands were glowing with a faint aura of healing magic.

"This is the second time that you have helped me out... once again i thank you."

~~~~~
Himura recieves healing (+12 hp)

HP total ( 11 / 20 HP )
Back to top Go down
Dzara
Adventurer
Adventurer
Dzara

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Grease (Ash City Alts)   Elbow Grease (Ash City Alts) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 8:51 am

Dzara blinked at him for a long moment, all possible responses lost in the wake of her surprise. It had been years since an adult had thanked her for a healing. Even the men who Jacob had insisted she resurrect hadn't thanked her. Their gratitude had been to Jacob. She tensed as the memory of Jacob's face the one time she had resisted bringing someone back when he had ordered it broke loose of the huddled mass where she had pushed all her memories of Jacob for the moment. The similarities between his expression then and his expression tonight were not small. Himura's face disappeared beneath it for a moment before she managed to push the memory and the connected emotions back from the forefront of her mind.

"...You're welcomed, Mr. Shinari," she answered belatedly, her instinctual manners taking over. She looked down at her hands, moving them slightly so that she could see the extent of the wound now that it had been exposed to healing energy. Her lips turned down in a frown when she saw that it was still gaping open and bleeding, though the blood was not gushing like before, just seeping slowly. Dzara covered it again with her fingers.

Distractedly, Dzara summoned more healing energy to close the wound entirely. It still bothered her that, for the first time in almost five months, she was once again worried about what Jacob would do if he found out she was using her healing gift without his permission. She felt her centered facade trying to slip away from her again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dzara heals Himura.

~ 8 [16 Magic/2] +4 [Healer path]= +12 hit points
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back to top Go down
Himura
Novice
Novice
Himura

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Grease (Ash City Alts)   Elbow Grease (Ash City Alts) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 1:37 pm

Watching as the wound closes up and seals itself under the glow from the healing Dzara was providing, the blood that was once running out slowed down to a trickle and then stopped completely.
'Well now i know going up against those things in numbers really didnt turn out the way we had thought... but at least we
survived... this time.'
As he held up the blue cogs head with the arrow he had shoved through the eye socket, he bounced it in his hand,
"Well Zanth... seems you yourself and apparently me too are on the hitlist for the COG's." giving a grin to Zanth as he looked at him, " But they didnt get us this time, thanks to the crazy idea you had."
Back to top Go down
Zanth
Adventurer
Adventurer
Zanth

Libra Rat
Number of posts : 59
Humor : "What is this Humor that you speak of?"
Registration date : 2009-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Grease (Ash City Alts)   Elbow Grease (Ash City Alts) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 1:45 pm

Zanth, looking down at his right arm, viewing the cosmetic damage of using that much electricity, looked up and said, " Honestly, there was a good chance that I would of blown up my arm and myself along with the Cogs. It was just a lucky move."
Back to top Go down
Dzara
Adventurer
Adventurer
Dzara

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Grease (Ash City Alts)   Elbow Grease (Ash City Alts) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 1:51 pm

Dzara backed a few steps away from Himura as he sat up on the table. Her dark eyes drifted between the two men as they conversed. Finally, seeing a pause, she interjected her question.

"What is this about cogs?"
Back to top Go down
Zanth
Adventurer
Adventurer
Zanth

Libra Rat

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Grease (Ash City Alts)   Elbow Grease (Ash City Alts) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 2:01 pm

Zanth begins to explain the run-in with the thugs, the arrival of the Cogs, Himura's piercing, and the gamble with his arm and massive amounts of electricity. "...and that's what's left of them." Zanth says as he points to the blue cog's head.
Back to top Go down
Dzara
Adventurer
Adventurer
Dzara

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Grease (Ash City Alts)   Elbow Grease (Ash City Alts) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 2:12 pm

"You vaporized countless cogs? Just by using the power from the electrical wires?" Her dark eyes moved from resting on the charred remains of the cog commander to watch Zanth. Her estimation of Zanth's usefulness went up a few notches as she began to see for what uses both the Church and the Knights could utilize him. "Were you damaged at all?"
Back to top Go down
Zanth
Adventurer
Adventurer
Zanth

Libra Rat

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Grease (Ash City Alts)   Elbow Grease (Ash City Alts) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 2:15 pm

Zanth looks down to his right arm, 'Well, if I wasn't able to isolate my arm from the rest of the circuits, then I'd suppose their would be alot more damage and less of me, if you get my meaning."
Back to top Go down
Dzara
Adventurer
Adventurer
Dzara

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Grease (Ash City Alts)   Elbow Grease (Ash City Alts) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 2:35 pm

Dzara nodded at him, accepting his answer. She moved cautiously back close to the table and gathered up the bloodied rags that Sal had used on Himura. Once she had them in a pile, she began to push curative energy through them, destroying any contagion that the werewolf might have passed on in the blood. She didn't bother to look at the lycanthrope in question as she worked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dzara uses Remove Disease on the bloodied rags.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back to top Go down
Himura
Novice
Novice
Himura

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Grease (Ash City Alts)   Elbow Grease (Ash City Alts) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 2:50 pm

Watching as she went around picking up the rags Sal ueld in place while he was bleeding, which currently were soaked with his blood. Seeing Dzara going to a corner to clense them, with prettymuch the utmost care not to infect herself with a trace of it.

'Seems even though on the outside she is decent, but still afraid of what i am and becoming one of what i have been... seems humanity still fears at its core what we are.'

Watching as she laid each sheet of rags purged of his blood in a pile next to her, away from the bloodied rags, He glances to Zanth,

"So do you think that was some good training... even a little reckless but somewhat fun."

As he thinks to himself after saying that. 'Until i got shot through the chest with the damn arrow.'
Back to top Go down
Zanth
Adventurer
Adventurer
Zanth

Libra Rat

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Grease (Ash City Alts)   Elbow Grease (Ash City Alts) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 2:58 pm

"Well, I'd say it might be enough, if I can figure out how to redistribute the electricity to be using that massive surge safetly, it might be enough, but I wouldn't be sure about it." Zanth says while cleaning his arm.
Back to top Go down
Himura
Novice
Novice
Himura

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Grease (Ash City Alts)   Elbow Grease (Ash City Alts) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 3:20 pm

Looking up to Zanth from the table, lifting up his sword by the hilt.

"Well when we are rested up again, we can to out to train a little more... and hopefully those damn cog bastards wont bother us again... or if they do, not in so big a number like earlier."

As he looks up at the celing for a moment,

"But for tonight we exerted ourselves a little more than needed, so we should rest up for now, and begin again tommorrow."
Back to top Go down
Zanth
Adventurer
Adventurer
Zanth

Libra Rat

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Grease (Ash City Alts)   Elbow Grease (Ash City Alts) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 3:35 pm

Zanth looks around, finding a corner to rest his back aganist, he hunkers down and he sits down, and layed back up aganist the wall, and said, "Well, I'm good over here, so I'll see ya in the morning then." He closed his eyes and appeared to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Dzara
Adventurer
Adventurer
Dzara

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Grease (Ash City Alts)   Elbow Grease (Ash City Alts) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 3:59 pm

Her self-assigned task done and silence filling the room after Zanth powered down for the time being, Dzara's mind began to drift back over the events of the night. Fear flooded her system, although it was only a dim echo of what she had felt as she faced her formerly dead husband. Her eyes prickled with unshedable tears. She could still feel her icy facade threatening to crack. All she knew was that it couldn't happen in front of these new acquaintances. Jacob wouldn't like it if he found out she had let another man see her cry. She couldn't afford to do any more things that Jacob wouldn't like right now.

"I think," she started and had to stop to suppress a sob trying to break its way loose. "I think I'm going to sleep in that back room. Good night, Mr. Shinari."

Dzara didn't wait for an answer before retreating through the door that led to the little office. She quietly closed the door and stumbled a few steps away from it. Noiselessly, she sank to her knees and covered her face with her hands. The sobs gently racked her body even as they made no sound beyond a hiccuping breath. She was used to crying in such a way that she would not disturb anyone. Jacob could never stand it when she cried. The thought just drove her deeper into her tears as she cried as she hadn't done since her last failed attempt at bringing back Jacob.

Eventually, she curled up on her side and sleep stilled the tears.

Back to top Go down
Himura
Novice
Novice
Himura

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Grease (Ash City Alts)   Elbow Grease (Ash City Alts) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 4:18 pm

Looking as everyone was making their way to their respective corners/rooms to prepare for sleep, Himura started to get weary and started to fall asleep.

As visions of previous sleepless nights started to flood into his mind, the blackness took over as he began to rest into a corner he pulled out a chain cuff which he linked to his sword and placed the cuff to his wrist, as he did he almost seemed to zone out as he fell asleep in the corner furthest away from anyone.

'This is looking to be one of those nights again... usually when i get hurt like this... a night, one i fear, seems to take place... the reason most people fear my kind.'

As the darkness begins to settle in, Himura falls asleep in the corner with hilt in hand, hoping the night would be peaceful for once, but preparing for the worst.
Back to top Go down
Weaver
Expert
Expert
Weaver

Leo Buffalo
Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2009-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Grease (Ash City Alts)   Elbow Grease (Ash City Alts) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 7:37 pm

Just as dawn began to color the brooding clouds, Dzara awoke with a jerk. Her dark eyes warily scanned her surroundings, as if in shock at not being in her lonely bedroom. She rose from the floor, brushing at the dust that clung to her black dress. She stood frozen in the middle of the office for a long moment, her eyes closed as thoughts and emotions assailed her mind.

Then she moved towards the door as quietly as possible. With a mask of calmness hiding her from the world, she made her way past the sleeping people in the main room. She paused in the open doorway to look back at them, the strangers who had stood by her as her world had fallen apart. Her eyes prickled as if she would cry again. She lifted her chin in defiance. Jacob wouldn't approve.

And maybe...maybe if she found Jacob again, he would forgive her the moment of doubt and fear that made her stay with Mr. Pinstripe instead of going with him when he had asked. He would have to punish her; that she could understand. What she had done was wrong and reinforcement of that lesson was a given. Hopefully...hopefully it wouldn't be so bad after that was over. No one would ever love her as much as Jacob did. She was a fool to have forgotten that, even for a moment.

She walked through the door, carefully shutting it behind her. Then she wrapped one of the fading shadows near the door around her, disappearing into the maze of the city.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Adventure Results:

[hold music playing in background] Pending...

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elbow Grease (Ash City Alts)   Elbow Grease (Ash City Alts) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elbow Grease (Ash City Alts)
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4