Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Members: Please Read

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion
Grand High Council

Number of posts : 749
Humor : Freedom makes the world go round! Freedom and love! And money!
Registration date : 2008-11-29

No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka) Empty
PostSubject: No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka)   No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 9:37 am

No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka) SunsetArrow

The Sunset Arrow sailed gallantly toward the Phoenix City landing bay like a great, golden bird of prey. Atop the deck, its crew were making last minute preparations for arrival.

No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka) Zeaken

"Strengthen the canvas men!," their Captain ordered, "There's a storm brewing and I don't want another shear as we descend!"

Back to top Go down
http://phoenixcitychronicle.friendhood.net
Ami Yuuka
Expert
Expert
Ami Yuuka

Leo Rooster
Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka)   No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 9:39 am

No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka) ShadowAmi

Ami smiled to herself as she sat at the front of the deck looking out into Phoenix City. "Were coming..." She whispered.
Back to top Go down
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion
Grand High Council

PostSubject: Re: No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka)   No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 9:46 am

No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka) Zeaken

"That's right," Zeaken placed two fingers to his right temple and closed his eyes as he replied to a voice only he seemed to hear, "This is Captain Pyrek of the Sunset Arrow requesting permission to land."

"Be seeing you shortly," he smiled after a brief pause in which he was presumably receiving landing orders.

No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka) PhoenixCity_CityscapeNightSoftened

The Phoenix City skyline was more breathtaking than Ami had read about, even during the height of the day. Great, towering buildings stretched on toward the sky all around her, scraping the clouds as the Arrow glided effortlessly around them and into a gigantic, ruby red landing pad; one of many in the shimmering golden land zone at the center of the city.

Back to top Go down
Ami Yuuka
Expert
Expert
Ami Yuuka

Leo Rooster

PostSubject: Re: No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka)   No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 9:49 am

Ami looked down at her bracelet and smiled. "Were here." She whispered. "See you soon..."
Back to top Go down
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion
Grand High Council

PostSubject: Re: No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka)   No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 9:55 am

"Meet me in the courtyard of the church grounds," a familiar voice returned softly in her mind.

~@~

Getting directions to the temple was easy enough, and navigating the busy city streets was a welcome if jarring diversion from the icy paths she'd been used to wandering, but nobody had told Ami the "church grounds" would be so spacious!

No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka) TempleOfHelios

The Temple Of Helios sat on a forested hill in the city's downtown district that stretched the grounds for the equivalent of three or four city blocks in all directions. The building itself, an impressive Olympian structure, was reached with comparative ease by a series of stairs leading up to it.

Back to top Go down
Ami Yuuka
Expert
Expert
Ami Yuuka

Leo Rooster

PostSubject: Re: No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka)   No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 9:56 am

"Wow!" Ami gasped as she bounded up the stairs to find the courtyard. "This place is huge!"
Back to top Go down
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion
Grand High Council

PostSubject: Re: No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka)   No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 10:00 am

In addition to the sheer size of what Brother Light has described as a humble temple, there was also considerably more traffic than he had stated in his stories, with priests and guests alike wandering incessantly up and down the stairs. To and from the temple grounds.

Either the good priest had somewhat downplayed his home or things had improved dramatically since he returned to it.

Back to top Go down
Ami Yuuka
Expert
Expert
Ami Yuuka

Leo Rooster

PostSubject: Re: No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka)   No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 10:02 am

Ami raised an eyebrow at the mass of traffic. She didn't wait for Zeaken to catch up to here as she skipped lightly around the mass of people and danced her way to the courtyard eager to see Brother Light.
Back to top Go down
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion
Grand High Council

PostSubject: Re: No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka)   No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 10:07 am

Though she searched and searched the grounds, it seemed like a daunting task finding anyone in that mess, but eventually, she came up behind a fair-skinned young man in Light's signature white robe. Why, he even had the same blonde hair! Could it be?

Back to top Go down
Ami Yuuka
Expert
Expert
Ami Yuuka

Leo Rooster

PostSubject: Re: No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka)   No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 10:09 am

"Brother Light?" Ami asked tipping her head slightly. "Brother light is that you?"
Back to top Go down
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion
Grand High Council

PostSubject: Re: No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka)   No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 10:10 am

No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka) BrotherLight

The man who turned around was almost a dead ringer for the priest, but she noticed his nose was a bit larger as he smiled, "Sorry, no, just a fan. Were you looking for the Elder or Younger Brother Light?"

Back to top Go down
Ami Yuuka
Expert
Expert
Ami Yuuka

Leo Rooster

PostSubject: Re: No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka)   No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 10:14 am

"The younger. Brother Jordan Light." Ami's nose wrinkled. 'A fan? What the...' She though her eyebrow raising again. Ami smiled and she skin glittered her violet eyes taking on a warm glow as her silky hair slid over her shoulder. "Could you point me in his direction?" She asked her voice sweet.
Back to top Go down
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion
Grand High Council

PostSubject: Re: No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka)   No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 10:26 am

No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka) BrotherLight

"Ah, yes! He's usually gathering herbs in the southeast section of the courtyard grounds this time of day," the kindly priest pointed her the way.

Back to top Go down
Ami Yuuka
Expert
Expert
Ami Yuuka

Leo Rooster

PostSubject: Re: No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka)   No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 10:42 am

"Why thank you sir." Ami winked and briskly walked away towards the herb garden. "Lighttttt." She sung as she walked nearer.
Back to top Go down
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion
Grand High Council

PostSubject: Re: No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka)   No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 10:53 am

No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka) ForestClearing

Walking through the forest path, Ami soon found her way to a clearing in the forest that could best be described as heavenly. The sun streaked through the trees so serenely that it set the flora and fauna aglow and the sound of birdsong was everywhere, chorusing a serenade to their guest.

Of course, Ami was not the only visitor to this pristine glen. Amidst the flowers, a man in white was crouched down picking mushrooms and placing them into a basket. He looked up immediately when she disturbed a leaf walking through.

No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka) BrotherLight_new

"Hello again Ami," the soft voice in her mind called from a face she'd been waiting a long time to see again.

Back to top Go down
Ami Yuuka
Expert
Expert
Ami Yuuka

Leo Rooster

PostSubject: Re: No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka)   No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 10:56 am

Amis face softened immediately as she saw him. Running up to him she wrapped her arms around him in a tight hug. "I missed you Brother Light."
Back to top Go down
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion
Grand High Council

PostSubject: Re: No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka)   No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 10:58 am

"I have prayed for you every day," the charming chaplain assured her with warmth in his tone as he returned the embrace, "How was your journey?"

Back to top Go down
Ami Yuuka
Expert
Expert
Ami Yuuka

Leo Rooster

PostSubject: Re: No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka)   No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 11:05 am

"It was long. I was anxious to see you so it made it longer. But we're all safe. How have you been? Your church is more populated than you said." Ami raised an eyebrow and leaned back without releasing Brother light completely.
Back to top Go down
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion
Grand High Council

PostSubject: Re: No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka)   No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 11:08 am

"It was inevitable," Light sighed with a mingling of exasperation and resolve, "The son of the Legendary Jonathan Light returns home a hero and now has followers of his own."

"You'd think the boom in membership would help my cause," he smiled demurely as his eyes looked away, "But try explaining the glory of God to a schoolgirl who's already worshiping you."

Back to top Go down
Ami Yuuka
Expert
Expert
Ami Yuuka

Leo Rooster

PostSubject: Re: No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka)   No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 11:11 am

"You have schoolgirls? Want me to go Shadow Dol on them?" Ami asked only half joking.
Back to top Go down
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion
Grand High Council

PostSubject: Re: No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka)   No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 11:13 am

"Thank you, no," the priest chuckled at her offer, "But I would be most grateful if you'd join me for a walk through the woods so I have an excuse to get away awhile longer."

With that, he tucked his basked under one arm and offered her the other.

Back to top Go down
Ami Yuuka
Expert
Expert
Ami Yuuka

Leo Rooster

PostSubject: Re: No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka)   No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 11:17 am

"Of course!" Ami said gratefully taking his arm. "Do you have stalkers? I could take care of them for you if you want? I don't want one of the world heros to be stressed out because of some irritating women."
Back to top Go down
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion
Grand High Council

PostSubject: Re: No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka)   No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 11:20 am

"Another matter has been troubling me more as of late," Light admitted as they strolled down the pathway, eyes looking away in thought for a moment before returning to her, "But if there is a silver lining in even the darkest of clouds, I admit I am blessed to have been reunited with you."

Back to top Go down
Ami Yuuka
Expert
Expert
Ami Yuuka

Leo Rooster

PostSubject: Re: No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka)   No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 11:27 am

Ami flushed. "Thank you." She whispered. "I've missed my talks with you. All I've had is my books and mothering my siblings. I think being around you is the only real happiness I've had in a long time."
Back to top Go down
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion
Grand High Council

PostSubject: Re: No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka)   No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 11:33 am

Stopping for a moment, Brother Light looked up to the light filtering down, "This place brings me peace every time I come to it. Tis easy to take in the tranquility of the scenery or the fresh air that rejuvenates the senses, but in the glow of this glade I sense something more."

"Close your eyes for a moment," the priest smiled softly, "Perhaps you will sense it too."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka)   No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No Prayer For Peace (Ami Yuuka)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next