All Members: Please Read

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Cellus
Banned
Banned

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:45 am

Nurse frowned, stepping close to Burk, reaching up to rest a hand on his shoulder, "No, hun, but she's in here, she ain't lost... just... takin' a breather, ya'know?'" she paused for a moment, trying to gater up the right words, "You know how fragile Cellus can be some times... and with that Jacen fella... and Tal... she couldn't handle it anymore... so I took over."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Narrator
Deity
Deity

Leo Buffalo
Number of posts : 1115
Humor : I once killed a man for wasting paragraphs.
Registration date : 2008-11-29

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:52 am

"That's... that's almost funny," Burk looked away, a strange mixture of pain he wouldn't normally show washing over his features, "Usually I'm the one protecting Cellus. I mean, hell, Tal's not gonna do it. Sometimes I wonder if the guy even knows what he's got... but then, when we really needed rescuing, it was Tal that came to the rescue."

"Maybe Cellus has a few too many saviors," the large man shrugged, "Maybe she made you so she could save herself for once."

Walking back into this room, he briefly looked up, depression evident on his face even behind the pretense of a smile, "I'm, uh... I'm gonna get some rest. Catch ya later, Nurse."

With that, he shut the door.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://phoenixcitychronicle.friendhood.net/
Cellus
Banned
Banned

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:00 am

Nurse sighed and shook her head sadly as he closed the door, "Hun... Sometimes I wonder if Cellus realizes what she's got..." she murmured, pressing her hand against the door before slowly walking away, pausing once to look back at the door.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ami Yuuka
Expert
Expert

Leo Rooster
Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:05 am

Ami sighed leaning on the railing on the deck. "Dol's dont have free will do they?" She asked mostly to herself as she inhaled the crisp air.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Narrator
Deity
Deity

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:06 am

"Some believe that all are created with free will," Brother Light leaned over the deck just beside her, "Some believe that a will is a soul, and therefore a soul is required to have a will of one's own. But what is a soul but the drive to seek one's own way in the universe?"

Back to top Go down
Ami Yuuka
Expert
Expert

Leo Rooster

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:10 am

"A soul...a purpose in self created life?" Ami asked turnng her head in his direction. "But my purpose was laying dead in a crater..." She whispered hanging her head slightly. "I never wanted to have that purpose but thats what I was created for..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Narrator
Deity
Deity

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:18 am

"To follow that line of logic, my purpose was to be my father's son," Light met her gaze, "Jonathan Light... The Warrior Philosopher. The Hero. I spent years of my life in an abbey trying to avoid his legacy. To be different. As it happens, he now teaches Magical Defense at Phoenix City University, while I... well, I find that the will of God works in mysterious ways. There is an order to things, and if the purpose you had is done and gone, it means only that you were meant for something greater. There are no coincidences."

Back to top Go down
Ami Yuuka
Expert
Expert

Leo Rooster

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:22 am

"Maybe. But Knuckles will be back, my dad will keep searching for me, and my brothers and sisters will be turned against me in order to take me in." Ami sighed heavily. "But the thing is dude, I really can't stand them. Any of them. Well...execpt Earth..."She shook her head trying to clear her thoughts. "Why did you try to run away from it?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Narrator
Deity
Deity

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:26 am

"I suppose Hero is a good legacy," the priest raised his brows slightly in thought, "But it wasn't my own. When I walked through the churchyard, others would wave and smile, but not to me. They saw my father, younger and stronger, as they had remembered him. I suppose one good thing has come of this trip for me. When I return to my temple, I will be able to tell them of my own adventure."

Back to top Go down
Ami Yuuka
Expert
Expert

Leo Rooster

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:29 am

Ami nodded. "Oh! I never told you my name. Ami. Ami Yuuka. Formerly know as Shadow Dol." She smiled brightly before pulling on of the ribbons and wrapping it around her wrist to replace the mask. "You havent given any accusations yet."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Narrator
Deity
Deity

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:33 am

"I am a man of faith," Light smiled softly, "Appearances do not blind the faithful to truth. You are what you are, in spite of your appearance, and I treat you accordingly."

Back to top Go down
Ami Yuuka
Expert
Expert

Leo Rooster

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:36 am

"If anyone else here knew I'm sure they would try to get rid of me ya'know? Nobody ever listens to the doll chick." Ami finnished wrapping the ribbion around her wrist and pulled the knot tight. "Lets hope they dont find out...Anyways, you promised youd tell me what you knew..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Narrator
Deity
Deity

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:43 am

"Ah, yes, I did," Brother Light blinked, as if suddenly remembering, "I could tell you, but mayhaps you'd better ask that woman with the fiery hair. That girl's seen things that have no analog in the language of men."

Taking the girl's hand in his own, the priest placed a bracelet in her palm before letting go, "Kaylea has one of these as well. They translate thoughts from one mind to another. I have faith that you'll find a proper use for it."

With one last kindly smile, the priest walked to the door leading to the rooms below, opened it, and walked through, leaving her with her thoughts.

Back to top Go down
Kaylea
Expert
Expert

Libra Buffalo
Number of posts : 208
Humor : Snarcastic
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:13 am

As the ship sails tward the horison kaylea starts pondering the situation that shes found herself in. Sailing the skys tward the unknown she recalls the reaction of the captain to her introduction.

'He has answers...' a grim look of determination sets its self across her features as she looks around the deck of the ship. Not finding the captain above decks, she walks over to the helmsman on duty "Do you know where the captain has gone?" she asks him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Narrator
Deity
Deity

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:16 am

"Cap'ns below in 'is quarters," the dwarven helmsman answered, "Wouldn't go down there'f I was you. He can be a might grumpy when 'ees alone wit' is thoughts."

Back to top Go down
Kaylea
Expert
Expert

Libra Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:24 am

"I think i can deal with a grumpy captain." she says with a hint of her usual sarcasim "Would you tell me how to get to his cabin?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Narrator
Deity
Deity

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:26 am

"Down the cabin hall where ya found yer room, there'll be a sharp right," the dwarf explained, "End've that hall is the Capn's quarters."

Back to top Go down
Kaylea
Expert
Expert

Libra Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:32 am

"My thanks." she says to the helmsman as she turns and heads below decks. Fallowing the directions she was given, finding the captains quarters easily she stands outside the door for a few moments listening through the wood.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Narrator
Deity
Deity

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:36 am

It was remarkably quiet. A bit of shifting now and again. Perhaps the Captain had fallen asleep...?

Back to top Go down
Kaylea
Expert
Expert

Libra Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:44 am

Waiting a few seconds more she then knocks on the door "Captain I'm sorry if I'm disturbing you, but I really need to speek with you." she says just loud enough to carry through the door.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Narrator
Deity
Deity

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:47 am

"Door's unlocked," she heard from the other side of the door.

Back to top Go down
Kaylea
Expert
Expert

Libra Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:05 pm

She opens the door and walks inside "Again I appologise, but I need some answers from you." she says and starts looking around the room.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Narrator
Deity
Deity

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:12 pm

"That right?," the Captain looked up from the book he was reading at his desk, "Well, I guess I might have a few for ya."

With that, he motioned to a chair on the other side of the desk, "Have a seat."

Back to top Go down
Kaylea
Expert
Expert

Libra Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:23 pm

"Thank you Captain." she says as she sits in the profered chair "Back at the clearing, you acted like... Do you know me?" she asked curiously
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Narrator
Deity
Deity

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:25 pm

"Did I?," Captain Zeaken corrected, "Well, sort of. It's pretty clear you don't recognize me at all, and given I almost apprehended you and your accomplice Cania a few times, you'd have been running from me if you did. What... happened back in that temple heist? I almost had you and you just... vanished."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   

Back to top Go down

The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Memory Lane :: Phoenix City Chronicles-
Jump to: