All Members: Please Read

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
AuthorMessage
Narrator
Deity
Deity

Leo Buffalo
Number of posts : 1115
Humor : I once killed a man for wasting paragraphs.
Registration date : 2008-11-29

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:40 pm

"Hai, so it appears," Tal nodded with a grin, assuming a fighting stance as he looked to the half-dragon in the air, "Start fights you cannot win, you should not!"

"Well said," Burk grinned in turn as he faced the amorphous creature, "Ready to taste the dust, Lardo?"

Without warning, a literal army of countless, insectoid creatures wielding energy blades appeared in all directions, readied for battle.

"We are the Tusceni," they chanted in unison, "You will now serve the hive!"

"This day just keeps getting better," Zeaken grimaced as he backed into Burk, clearly parrying an attack from one of the bug men.

Standing at his side was Brother Light, somewhat nervous under the circumstances of their apparent demise as he began to pray with fumbling fingers and a wavering voice, "Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name..."

Just then, preceded only by an electric hum, a tremendous tidal wave of holy energy rushed over the highest dune on the landscape, covering the battlefield, but apparently only affecting those of evil intent as it quite literally washed them off the battlefield, not to be seen again and leaving only our heroes standing.

Atop the wave was a sapphire-haired sentinel, sword in hand, a calm, collected, and wholly benevolent manner about him as he stepped down off the wave as if it were a magic carpet and addressed the battered fighters before him, "Well done. In any other locale, your bravery would have surely won the day."

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://phoenixcitychronicle.friendhood.net/
Cerys
Expert
Expert

Aquarius Rat
Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:52 pm

Watching as this white light from out of no where came flooding over the dune he was covering from, and seeing nearly every creature before him vanish in the blink of an eye,

'Holy crap... that guy means business... i wonder whos holier, him or brother light.' giving a small chuckle to that, seeing the newcomer was being welcomed by others, Cerys came to the open, looking over to Mason,

"Well i guess you could say youve had some better days than this."

Looking over to the khamele that appeared with the flash of light,
"So i would guess that your like our friend Zeaken here, by the way you look."

Giving a nod as to accepting him in the midst of the rest of the group,
"The name here is Cerys, and you name would be?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Narrator
Deity
Deity

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:00 pm

"H-honored ancestor!," Zeaken stumbled back, completed dumbfounded.

"Uh boy...," the newcomer sighed at being recognized.

"Your exploits... are l-l-legendary Sir!," Zeaken stammered.

"Here it goes...," the sapphire-haired savior braced himself.

"The Legendary Fahrean Cureal!," Zeaken proclaimed, "Who vanquished the Dark Lord De'chepaos and calmed the Demon Child Maelek!"

"Former Demon Child," Fahrean corrected.

"There's a celebrity here?," Knuckles looked in the wrong direction, "Get me an autograph."

Back to top Go down
Kaylea
Expert
Expert

Libra Buffalo
Number of posts : 208
Humor : Snarcastic

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:11 pm

"Bloody hell, kiss the guy you love and people start comeing outa the wood-work!" she mutters under her breath standing and helping Knuckles to his feet "Did this happen to Cellus and Tal?"

Walking over to the aforementioned couple, guideing her beloved, seemingly ignoreing the blue haired newcomer "I'm fairly certen that he needs one you two's help..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Narrator
Deity
Deity

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:24 pm

Unfortunately, Cellus had passed out from the shock of earlier events somewhere during that last wave, and currently rested in Tal's arms as Burk guarded them both, "Poisoned, our friend has been. Tell, you can, from the infection brewing inside the burns. Cure him, I shall."

Without further ado, the grasslander handed his unconscious partner to their mutual friend and set to task drawing the poison from Mason's eyes like water from a sponge with a few gestures of his hand, a holy light emitting from them that soothed away the burns.

"Thanks buddy, I owe ya one," Knuckles smiled briefly to Tal, although his gaze immediately focused on Kaylea, the gratitude and something more evident in them.

"Praises be!," Brother Light exclaimed joyfully, a sudden note of realization hitting him thereafter as he addressed Fahrean, "Excuse me, Sir, but why is Your Greatness here in Hell?"

"Honestly?," Fahrean smirked, "I heard what you guys were up to and decided to do something spontaneous for a change. Einedo was right; it does feel good!"

Back to top Go down
Cerys
Expert
Expert

Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:30 pm

Looking onto the one with the blue hair,
"Well, sometimes doing something spur of the moment does feel good. As for us being here, i would guess that from the looks of it... we are missing someone."

As he looked through the group, he noticed that Azan was not there.

"Has anyone see Azan lately... last ive seen of him was on the ship, and weve all been able to gather here... but he has yet to arrive."

At that moment, he remembered Carolines words about how each one would face their trials, and most would escape unscathed...

'This must have been something that she was talking about... everyone has made it here except for him.'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Narrator
Deity
Deity

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:36 pm

"I'm sorry," Fahrean looked to Cerys, although he addressed everyone, "The minotaur known as Azan was regrettably lost, having failed to face his own demon. He may still be fighting his way out over there..."

With that, the khamele motioned to a towering building everyone was surprised they hadn't noticed before, or perhaps it had really just appeared, which seemed to be nothing so much as a literal tower of arenas supported by columns, one atop another, all with the den of battle screaming from somewhere within.

About that time, reality itself seemed to shift, the echoes of an audience watching all around suddenly audible and visible.

"So, the Daewa Chaka has already reached its second stage," Zeaken muttered, "Nothing left to do now but fight our way to the top and grab the prize."

Back to top Go down
Kaylea
Expert
Expert

Libra Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:44 pm

"Yup, outa the wood-work..." she mumbles as she looks around

"Hey guys could we get to someplace a bit less open?" she says to the group as a whole
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cerys
Expert
Expert

Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:49 pm

Trying to cheer up everyone, even though hes a little off on his voice doing so,

"Well with us all here, im sure we all can make it to the top of there... Weve fought three just now, and saw alot more just get vaporized... so surely we can get up there with little problems."

Trying to psyche himself up, he puts on a straight face and begins walking up to the middle of the group from the ledge he was near,
"Ok so we have made it this far, and now we have another reason to go over there, we have to find and get back Azan, hes probally over there already working his way to the top to get out of here."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Narrator
Deity
Deity

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:57 pm

"You're right," Knuckles nodded, taking a fighting stance, "Besides, that guy owes me a rematch!"

"Look after my Cellus, would you?," Tal spoke to Burk without looking at him as he stood, his body taking on a heavenly white glow, "Aid in the battle to bring us home, I know I can."

"I shall stay with them," Brother Light announced, moving over to Burk and Cellus, "If Burk's blade is by some miracle insufficient to defend us, I know another way to escape as the lot of us are alive."

"Just be careful buddy," Burk called to Tal as he held the still-sleeping Cellus, "You're not in the same boat, so if they kill you this time, it's for keeps."

"Hai," Tal nodded gravely, eyes on his objective; the tower beyond.

"I'm game for a little more rough'n'tumble," Zeaken grinned boyishly, suddenly straightening up and clearing his throat, "Besides, as a Khamele Sentinel, it is my sworn duty!"

"You do that rookie," Fahrean laughed, "Meanwhile, I'll take the outer flanks to make sure you guys don't get too overwhelmed before you get to the top."

Back to top Go down
Kaylea
Expert
Expert

Libra Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:03 pm

"Well then, lets get going." she says starting tward the tower "No time like the present!" she says with a smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Narrator
Deity
Deity

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:53 pm

The tower waited beyond, foreboding and formidable. What unknown challenges awaited our heroes inside?

Adventure Results

Cerys
~ Shadowporting Cabbie = 100
~ Skelly Snyder = 1200
~ Total XP Gained = 1300 (Level Up! New XP Total: 7900/8400)

Knuckles
~ Fighting Spirit = 600 (Level Up! New XP Total: 7690/8400)

Tal
~ Enduring Torture = 600
~ Conquering Jealousy = 600
~ Saving Cellus = 100
~ Total XP Gained = 1300 (Level Up! New XP Total: 7940/8400)

Brother Light
~ Smart Playing (Bracelets) = 100
~ Waging Peace (Ami Yuuka) = 100
~ Counselor (Ami Yuuka) = 100
~ Total XP Gained = 300 (New XP Total: 6480/7200)

Cellus/Nurse
~ Freeing Tal = 900
~ Negotiator (Tal) = 100
~ Laughter is the Best Medicine (Tal) = 100
~ Total XP Gained = 1100 (Level Up! New XP Total: 6240/7200)

Burk
~ Calm Under Pressure (Trap Room) = 100
~ Total XP Gained = 100 (New XP Total: 5105/6000)

Kaylea
~ The Truth Shall Set You Free (Zeaken) = 100
~ Information Gathering (To Umae or not to Umae?) = 100
~ Facing Yourself (Literally!) = 900
~ Cross = 1200
~ Total XP Gained = 2300 (+2 Levels! New XP Total: 6060/7200)

Zeaken
~ Sage = 100
~ Tusceni Warrior (Unseen) = 1200
~ Total XP Gained: 1300 (Level Up! New XP Total: 7300/8400)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   

Back to top Go down

The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)
Page 11 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11