All Members: Please Read

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Narrator
Deity
Deity

Leo Buffalo
Number of posts : 1115
Humor : I once killed a man for wasting paragraphs.
Registration date : 2008-11-29

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:10 am

"When tortured in this place I was," Tal attempted to explain the radical idea passing through his mind, "By my intention, it was not, but rather by my guilt over what I had done to those I cared about or allowed to be done. Perhaps, in this place, possible it is to manifest outwardly what one carries inside themselves. If unable to come out to us, dear Cellus is, then a doorway inside we must create by our own will. As her driving will, up to you it is to open this door, and once open, enter I shall to retrieve her."

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://phoenixcitychronicle.friendhood.net/
Cellus
Banned
Banned

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:13 am

Nurse stared at Tal for a moment, trying to piece together the information he had given her, "So I just, like, imagine a door or sumptin?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Narrator
Deity
Deity

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:38 am

"From inside you, simply will the door," Tal instructed.

Back to top Go down
Cellus
Banned
Banned

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:47 am

Nurse closed her eyes, searching her mind for what she needed. Clenching her fists, she willied with every inch of her being, trying to form a door to lead to Cellus.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Narrator
Deity
Deity

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:07 pm

As a golden light shone forth from Nurse, bathing the world around in its splendor, Tal prepared himself, physically and mentally, for the task ahead.

"Ready, I am," he called softly, his voice echoing down the corridor and into the world beyond as he took his first steps back out of the shadows and into the light.

"She'll never let you near after what you did," Burk cut him off at a bridge over a fathomless chasm leading to a circular courtyard on a platform beyond.

"For her and her alone, that is to decide," Tal dispelled the specter of his own jealousy, which faded to mist as he passed harmlessly through it to the courtyard, where he found a scared young grasslander huddled by a fountain, crying softly.

Recognizing her immediately, Tal's face softened, "Cellus..."

Back to top Go down
Cellus
Banned
Banned

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:16 pm

Cellus didn't answer Tal, she barely even heard him. She was lost... alone... afraid... so afraid... She rocked back and forth slightly, whimpering and sobbing all the while.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Narrator
Deity
Deity

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:20 pm

"Cellus...," he repeated, softer than before, and knelt down to throw his arms around her, his own body taking on a gentle, healing aura. If he could only reach past her torment... the madness that even now poisoned her mind... with a firm display of kindness to reaffirm her faith in the world she had forsaken, he hoped, he could recover his beloved from the depths.

~~~~~~~
Tal uses Remove Disease (Madness) on Cellus
~~~~~~~

Back to top Go down
Cellus
Banned
Banned

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:26 pm

Cellus blinked in suprise, "Where am I- what happened- what- Tal?"she breathed the grasslanders name as if it was the most beautiful thing she had ever said, "Oh goddess- Tal!" she said, clinging tightly to him, her sobs beginning anew, but no longer cause by grief, but by joy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Narrator
Deity
Deity

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:32 pm

Never one to spoil a moment with words when actions would suffice, Tal clutched Cellus tightly to him, smiling like an angel above her as the world around them faded to gold.

~~~~~~~~

Last edited by Narrator on Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:06 pm

Azan found himself running down a hallway he swore was getting smaller. The walls were closing in! Maybe it was just his imagination.

A labyrinth. It had to be a labyrinth...

Back to top Go down
Azan
Novice
Novice

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:22 pm

As he appeared in the hallway, he looked around seeing the walls winding around him,

'Damn... right after i get out of one Labyrinth, i get put back into another one...'

As he scuffs his foot against the floor leaving a mark on the ground he sees to be to his mind the hallway is getting smaller...

'Whats going on here... is this just my imagination or is the hallway shrinking...'

Holding his blade to the celing seeing if the room was infact getting smaller by the blade pressuing against his hand, he looked forward into the darkened hallways.

"Well guess i need to move now..."

At the moment the halls became darker, he lifted his kopesh and swung it releasing a wave of fire lighting and catching the torches lining the hallway,
'Well might as well see where the heck im going.'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Narrator
Deity
Deity

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:26 pm

Just then, a shadowy figure appeared somewhere down the hallway, preceded by a hollow chuckle, "You really thought you had escaped. Pitiful..."

Back to top Go down
Azan
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:33 pm

Watching the figure move around in the shadows, trying to discern who it was talking...

'The only people that knew i was in here was Rugashi, and the Nathanial guy... and the people that got me out of there... so who is this person.'

"Well i did escape, ive been to the outside world and now im in here..."

Holding his kopesh at his side ready for something to come to him, he releases fire to the blade to help illuminate the area to get a glimpse of who could be talking to him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Narrator
Deity
Deity

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:35 pm

As Azan illuminated the hallway, the light fell on naught but a wall. Whoever was talking to him had clearly vanished into thin air. Then, as if to make the minotaur yet more jittery, the hollow laughter rang through the air again, followed by a grinding sound as the whole place began shaking.

Back to top Go down
Azan
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:41 pm

As the figure seemed to vanish infront of him, the laughter seemed to float through the air, getting a little irritated by the laughter he started to walk down the hall trying his best to ignore the voice.

'Ok... this is getting a little odd... first the person showed up and didnt bother to show his face, then he up and decided to vanish and leave me listning to his voice.'

As the laughter continued, Azan began to walk down the hallway humming to himself, or what would be considered humming, to drown out the laughter if not only a little.

As the hallway continued, he lit up his kopesh to give him light as he walked down the hallway.

After a minute of the voice laughing at him he felt the floor tremble a littlebit, and then seeing the walls start to shake as he proceeded down them, and in the distance he started to hear the grinding of something in the distance, hearing this Azan started to pick up his pace trying to find the exit quicker than normal,

'Ok this is starting to get a little crazy... if its not one thing its another and now i hear this grinding and the room feels like its goin to fall in at any moment... now i see why i hate labyrinths... they are a royal pain in the ass to get out of.'

Not even a few steps into the hallway hes watching the celing and seeing small fragments of dust and grit drizzle off it, and the grinding noise getting a little louder,

"Time to get out of here..."

Lifting his kopesh he swings it twice infront of him letting loose two waves of flames hot enough to burn some of the debris falling from the celing, aiming it for the wall infront of him hoping it would create a small gash in the wall he would be able to see through if not even escape from.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Narrator
Deity
Deity

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:58 pm

Beyond the gash in the wall, Azan found himself... in another hallway! In fact, it was identical to the last one. To make matters worse, the walls really did appear to be closing now. What was going on here?

Back to top Go down
Azan
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:33 pm

Looking into the hallway where the walls were actually closing in on him,

"Well this isnt right..."

Stepping back into the first hallway through the gash, he looks at the corridor as it was wobbling and the noise from the grinding could be heard,

'Well this seems somewhat safer than the other room, where i could actually get crushed to by the walls... but here i have the celing to deal with.'

"Great... either here with the noise and the wobbling walls, or the walls-closing-in-on-me feeling room... decisions decisions."

Giving off a little laugh from the decision, he decides to stay in the first hallway.

'Maybe this was like the first labyrinth i was trapped in by that crazy skeleton guy, that other hallway could be a trap of somesort... though how they knew it would have been accessed is kinda crazy, its thorugh a wall... but then again i did access it so maybe it was planned like that.'

Stepping into the first hallway he begins looking down the other corridors for a means to get out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Narrator
Deity
Deity

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:36 pm

As the ceiling, rather than collapsing, began to lower with the sure intention of squashing Azan like a pancake, this all seemed so familiar. Trapped. Just like always. Trapped in a maze and searching endlessly for a way out.

Back to top Go down
Azan
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:56 pm

Standing there, watching the celing come down little by little,

'Well this isnt good...'

Looking back at the second room, seeing the walls nearly closed up,

'Glad i wasnt in there...'

"Now what to do..."

Letting loose his Kopesh he plants it in the ground seeing if it gives way at all... after a moment, looking around at the walls and such noticing things on the ground, he looks back up to the celing coming down at him.

"Well might as well try something... just hope this works..."

Tossing his Kopesh into the wall pounding it into the wall deep, he waits to see if it would stop the celing from coming down on him, holding his hands up to the celing he braces himself and tries to help stop it as the celing nears the blade stuck in the wall.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Narrator
Deity
Deity

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:05 pm

As Azan braced with all his might against the ceiling, still trying to halt its descent, the ceiling pushed down with more force than he could use to resist it, crushing down, down, down until his arms, with all their incredible strength, snapped like twigs with a sickening sound. Unimaginable pain followed as the minotaur was lost beneath in the darkness, squashed into a bloody pulp.

Just before the end, or somewhere after - it had happened so seamlessly that he couldn't tell - Azan found himself looking down at the ceiling panel, which became increasingly translucent to reveal his broken body. He realized also, to his shock, that he was floating in midair, and quite translucent himself.

About that time, a pair of horned red figures came tromping into the room.

"Another bites the dust," one of them groaned, as if annoyed at the mess he'd have to clean up, "Don't these guys realize that sort of thing doesn't work here?"

"Mortals are a fearful lot," the other one explained, "They let their panic get the better of them and, in their fear, believe everything they see."

Shaking his head, the first demon began cleaning up the bloodied, broken corpse lying on the floor. As he began to fade away, an uncertain fate awaiting him, Azan no doubt saw the irony of his own death; in trying to escape, as he always had before, he had effectively trapped himself.

Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:28 pm

~~~~~~~

Cerys found himself wandering down a dark, foggy alley that somehow smelled familiar. Familiar in all the wrong ways.

Suddenly, the nekomimi heard an unearthly growl behind him, and turned to see a creature he had almost mercifully forgotten staring him straight in the eyes with a feral snarl.

Before either of them could move into a fighting stance, the creature was suddenly felled with a yelp as a basket came swinging down hard on its head, knocking it out cold, and Caroline stood holding said basket with a look of confusion to Cerys, "Guardian Spirit? What are you doing back here?"

Back to top Go down
Cerys
Expert
Expert

Aquarius Rat
Number of posts : 125

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:37 pm

Watching in suprise as the creature appeared behind him, and then getting cold-clocked by Caroline,
'Now i remember were i saw those things...'

As she mentioned the guardian spirit to him, he took a second glance to her, hearing her say that once before, then remembering where he was, back in the town,

"Well i guess im here to see how my Molly is doing... i havent seen her in a long time i need to check up on her, shes probally missing me some, being ive been gone for awhile."

Remembering he was in his half human form,
"Why do you call me the Guardian Spirit, ive heard you call me that twice now..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Narrator
Deity
Deity

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:39 pm

"You don't remember?," she chuckled with that good-natured laugh of hers, "I told you once already; some cultures revere cats as guardian spirits."

As Cerys was preparing to leave, the old shopkeeper called out behind him, "You won't find her here, dear cat. This place has nothing left for you. It is a test you have already passed. Your friends, I fear, are not so fortunate."

Back to top Go down
Cerys
Expert
Expert

Aquarius Rat
Number of posts : 125

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:43 pm

Walking up to her as she said some of the friends wernt as fortunate, he looks down to her with a look of worry,

"What do you mean by that..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Narrator
Deity
Deity

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:48 pm

"Just as you had to face your worst nightmares back then," Caroline looked up at him with an almost maternal expression, "Your comrades must now face theirs. Take heart; they're a very strong-willed bunch, and surely they will pass through the fire with minimal burns the same as you did."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   

Back to top Go down

The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Memory Lane :: Phoenix City Chronicles-
Jump to: