All Members: Please Read

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Cellus
Banned
Banned

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:34 pm

Nurse looked to Ami with a grin, "I don't know nothin' 'bout 'beautiful', chica, but its sure as hell gonna be a lotta fun!" she cried, leaning as far as she could over the railing without falling.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kaylea
Expert
Expert

Libra Buffalo
Number of posts : 208
Humor : Snarcastic
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:42 pm

"Fun, you say?" She says raising an eyebrow at Nurse "Remind me never to ask you what a 'Bad Time' would be, eh nurse."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Narrator
Deity
Deity

Leo Buffalo
Number of posts : 1115
Humor : I once killed a man for wasting paragraphs.
Registration date : 2008-11-29

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:47 pm

"Yer about t' find out, mateys," Brog looked back to the others with a grim stare as the clouds began to shift around a fixed object in the sky just ahead.

As the lightning that concealed the thing flashed once more, the clouds parted around it, and a grim figure stood before the crew of the Sunset Arrow.

"I am He Who Is Last Seen Before Dying," the thing echoed with a distinctly metallic growl, "What business have the Living in the Land of the Dead?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://phoenixcitychronicle.friendhood.net/
Ami Yuuka
Expert
Expert

Leo Rooster
Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:01 pm

Ami looked up at the creature facinated. "Wow...awesome..." She whispered dropping to a crouch and unwrapping another of her ribbons from her hair before tying it back in a ponytail. "Amazing..." She continued shocked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cellus
Banned
Banned

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:09 pm

Nurse looked up at the creature, place a hand on her hip, "We know some dead guys who we think don't need to be dead yet, ya'know? So we wanna take 'em back, catch my drift?" she called to the thing, not showing fear, only curiosity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kaylea
Expert
Expert

Libra Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:18 pm

stareing death in the face "The ones we seek are Mason 'Knuckles' McDaniel and Tal Kadorin" She says flatly "We've come to retrieve them."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Narrator
Deity
Deity

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:24 pm

"An interesting notion," the creature chuckled quietly, "But ultimately a fallacy of logic. The laws of the universe cannot be usurped by those who do not understand them; if you wish to retrieve a soul, you must have something of value to trade for it."

"We have," Zeaken looked up at the monstrous specter, then motioned to Kaylea, "This one wishes to engage in Umae Chaka for the soul of Mason McDaniel."

"And for the soul of Tal Kadorin...?," the monster learned forward, one eye socket raising like a brow.

"I'll go," Burk grunted, "Same deal as Kaylea."

Back to top Go down
Ami Yuuka
Expert
Expert

Leo Rooster

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:28 pm

Ami rolled her eyes at nurse. "I cant beleive your getting mouthy with death. Are you a total idiot or just a partial one? Seriously..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cellus
Banned
Banned

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:13 pm

Nurse stuck her tongue out a Ami before falling silent, as if she was listening to a conversation inside herself. She looked up after a moment, shaking her head at Burk. "No, Cellus says she wants to do it, sometin' 'bout him 'being her's' or sometin'..."she said with a grin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Narrator
Deity
Deity

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:27 pm

"Enough," the figure bellowed, the resonance of his voice crackling through the heavens like thunder and rocking the ship with small tremors, "There is but one way to earn back the souls you desire without trading your own. In the Land of the Dead, we have a competition known as the Deawa Chaka."

"Don't do it," Zeaken glowered up at the creature, his face tense with a danger only he seemed to recognize.

"Go on," Burk ignored him, looking to the monster in the sky.

"The contest is one of skill," the reaper continued, "Those who succeed may have any one wish granted to them."

"And that's why the strongest souls that ever died go after the prize," Zeaken snapped, "It's suicide!"

"Be that as it may," Burk's face was a stoic mask, "If we can all win, we can bring our friends back and gain the power we need to defeat our new enemy. I'm in."

"I as well," Brother Light nodded, "Your chances are slim to none, I hope you realize, but if you're determined to throw yourself into Hell, I'll be there to read your last rights."

"Thanks for the vote of confidence," Burk shot a dry grin back at him.

"I will go as well," Zeaken sighed, "As a Khamele Sentinel, I am honor bound to protect those in need, and you guys just defined the term..."

Back to top Go down
Azan
Novice
Novice

Number of posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:36 pm

Looking up to the skeletal creature floating in the air infront of them, he stares at it from the cabin entryway,he begins to walk forward into the rest of the group,

"Well a battle with strong people... sounds like fun, count me in." holding onto his sword at his side, 'And the one wish to boot isnt too bad of a prize to go for either, who knows i might see some of the ones i had to fend off in that damned maze.'

Reminessing about the oppertunity to kill some of the people from the maze again, he let out a low laugh,
"This shall be good..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cerys
Expert
Expert

Aquarius Rat
Number of posts : 125

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:43 pm

Waking up from the thunderous tremble that rocked the boat some more than normal, Cerys wakes up from his sleeping spot ~some random rafter he found after the tour~ he heads outside to behind Azan, only to be greeted with the immense skeleton floating above them all on the deck of the ship,

'Aw crap... why is it everywhere weve gone, theres always something dead we have to deal with...'

Upon hearing the figure talk about the tournament thats held and what the prize would be, he begins thinking on things that he thought wasnt possiable...

'What if i was able to bring back the family that we had lost, Mollys father, our friends...'

Looking up to the figure with a determined look that there was going to be no room for error or loss, seeing others vollenteer to go for it, Cerys desides to join in,

"Ill join up with them, we've over come things before, surely we can do it now."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cellus
Banned
Banned

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:54 pm

Nurse cracked her knuckles loudly, a wide grin spreading across her face, "This should be easy! Just leave it to me, I bet I could take 'em all out at once!" she said, with a confident laugh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kaylea
Expert
Expert

Libra Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:23 am

"Zeaken, what's the differance?" she asks coldly "Between the tournament and the rite that your suggesting."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Narrator
Deity
Deity

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:30 am

"The Umae Chaka is an exchange of like values," Zeaken explained, "To gain back a soul, we would need only something considered of equal value by the Reaper presiding over the exchange."

"The Deawa Chaka, however, is much more uncertain," the khamele continued, "You will be pitted first against the darkness in your own heart, and then against those who, like you, pass this most deadly of trials. Should you survive, a rarity even among the greatest of mortals, you will be granted whatever you wish. Most feel the risk is worth the reward, especially those damned souls with nothing to lose, but few realize just how dangerous the test will be, and thus Reapers love to use it as a means to lure willing souls to purgatory."

Back to top Go down
Kaylea
Expert
Expert

Libra Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:13 am

"I had no idea that 'Death' need be so devious." she says with a hint of mallace turning to the specter "I claim Umae Chaka. Why take greater risk, for the same reward."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Narrator
Deity
Deity

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:26 am

"There is a fallacy to that logic, I am afraid," Brother Light looked to Kaylea, "In order to trade for the soul of our departed friends, we must have something of equal value. What could possibly equal a soul but another soul in its place?"

"I'm afraid the priest is correct," Zeaken nodded, "And even at that, one soul is not equal to another. The Reapers may well demand additional payment. How many lives are you willing to sacrifice to save one?"

Back to top Go down
Ami Yuuka
Expert
Expert

Leo Rooster

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:11 am

"You know what, this all seems a little to high over my head so screw it. Im gonna stay here. Bye guys! See ya later!" Ami said throwing her hnds in the air and dissapearing beneath the ships deck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kaylea
Expert
Expert

Libra Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:22 pm

"Deawa Chaka it is then." she says in a monotone "Lets just get this over with shall we?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Narrator
Deity
Deity

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:29 pm

"Very well," the reaper thundered, and the world began to spin wildly, proceeded by several blinding flashes, and then, all went black...

~~~~~~~

The streets of Neki-Seraph, and all its buildings, were just as Kaylea had remembered them, but as she rose to her feet, she realized that she was alone. Completely and utterly alone.

Back to top Go down
Kaylea
Expert
Expert

Libra Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:34 pm

"Well this isn't supprising." she says sarcasticly dusting herself off as she walks down the street "Sad thing is I still don't know what to expect."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Narrator
Deity
Deity

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:36 pm

About that time, two furry hands reached out from and alley and pulled her back. Before she had time to turn and attack their owner, a familiar voice brought her to her senses, "Kaylea! I thought for sure they'd got you already..."

Back to top Go down
Kaylea
Expert
Expert

Libra Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:40 pm

"Canya, it's good to see you again." She says chearfully "I thaught Zeaken said you'd been captured."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Narrator
Deity
Deity

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:44 pm

"Crap, he's here too?," Cania sighed, looking around with a sudden nervousness to his features, "Alright, I think we officially rule out a successful heist. Getting the hell out of here is top priority."

Back to top Go down
Kaylea
Expert
Expert

Libra Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:14 pm

"What!? Hold on a sec. What are you trying to steal now?" she asks incrediously "Especially now that you've got some major competition for your faveorite target."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)   

Back to top Go down

The Fear Of God (Phoenix City Chronicles)
Page 5 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Memory Lane :: Phoenix City Chronicles-
Jump to: