All Members: Please Read

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Storming of Marrowbrook Castle (Phoenix City Chronicles)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion

Number of posts : 749
Humor : Freedom makes the world go round! Freedom and love! And money!
Registration date : 2008-11-29

PostSubject: Re: The Storming of Marrowbrook Castle (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:19 pm

The member 'Narrator' has done the following action : Roll Dice:

'd20' : 3, 19, 12, 19, 8, 5, 6, 10, 20, 18, 17, 18, 10, 10, 18, 1, 15, 20, 4, 2, 19
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://phoenixcitychronicle.friendhood.net
Narrator
Deity
Deity

Leo Buffalo
Number of posts : 1115
Humor : I once killed a man for wasting paragraphs.

PostSubject: Re: The Storming of Marrowbrook Castle (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:39 pm

As the ghoul leaped at him, Brother Light steeled himself to defend against the vicious attack, "Unholy abomination, you shall not pass into this vessel!"

The monstrous creature passed in a blur, and Brother Light clutches a bloody shoulder, giving the undead savage a glare of grim determination as he pulled out his holy amulet and let the light come forward, "In death, may you find peace, 'O restless soul..."

~~~~~~~
Brother Light defends against Claw 1
~ Rolling Defense check; result = 10
~ ~ 10 + Defense 6 + Reinforced Vest 1 + Sixth Sense 7 = 24 total (-9 hp)
~ ~ ~ Brother Light resists Poison Attack
~ ~ ~ ~ Rolling Resistance check; result = 4
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 4 + Resistance 14 = 18 total (Success!)

Brother Light defends against Claw 1
~ Rolling Defense check; result = 13
~ ~ 13 + Defense 6 + Reinforced Vest 1 + Sixth Sense 7 = 27 total (Success!)
~ ~ ~ Brother Light resists Poison Attack
~ ~ ~ ~ Rolling Resistance check; result = 17
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 17 + Resistance 14 = 31 total (Success!)

Brother Light attacks Ghoul 4 with Light Attack
~ Rolling Magic check; result = 9
~ ~ 9 + Magic 8 + Light Attack 4 = 21 total

Total HP Left: 9/18
~~~~~~~

Last edited by Narrator on Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:18 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://phoenixcitychronicle.friendhood.net/
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion

PostSubject: Re: The Storming of Marrowbrook Castle (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:39 pm

'd20' : 10, 4, 13, 17, 9
Back to top Go down
Kaylea
Expert
Expert

Libra Buffalo
Number of posts : 208
Humor : Snarcastic
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: The Storming of Marrowbrook Castle (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:17 pm

'Now where the hell did that bastard put my blades?' she thaught as she furiously looked around the near by area.

"Ah ha!" finding them not far from where she was tied she reclaims her prized wands, leveling one of them at one of the ghouls.

"BURN!!!" she shouts hoarsely, and a bolt of flame shoots tward one of the undead fighting the newcomers.

~~~
Flight (15/16)

Kaylea Attacks Ghoul 3 with Fire Attack.
Total 38 = 19 Roll +12 Magic +4 Fire Attack +3 Wand
~~~

Last edited by Kaylea on Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion

PostSubject: Re: The Storming of Marrowbrook Castle (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:17 pm

The member 'Kaylea' has done the following action : Roll Dice:

'd20' : 19
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Storming of Marrowbrook Castle (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:01 pm

"It seems Rugashi has improved after all," Kradu smirked behind his mask, "It may prove useful to send a decoy for his next attack..."

~~~~~~~
Kradu activates Animate Skeleton
~~~~~~~

Back to top Go down
Cerys
Expert
Expert

Aquarius Rat
Number of posts : 125

PostSubject: Re: The Storming of Marrowbrook Castle (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:27 pm

Watching as his Shuriken he tossed at the creature bounced off them with visually no effect,
'Well this isnt good to start off with... ill have to go with what Nevara's idea of by out numbering him, and hope numbers overwhelming him will work...'

~
Cerys activates Animate shadow
~~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Narrator
Deity
Deity

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Storming of Marrowbrook Castle (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:43 pm

Glaring down Rugashi as he struck Burk hard, Knuckles sprung into the air, coming down on the ghoul with a series of forceful blows, albeit leaving himself wide open as he did so. There was a furious look in his eyes, and it was clear he was substituting a steady defense for an impressive offense, "I don't care how strong you are! Mess with my friends and you're going down!"

~~~~~~~
Knuckles executes Fists of Fury 1 (Strong Attack -8 Defense, +12 Attack, combines with Enhance Weapons)
~ Rolling Attack check; result = 5
~ 5 + Attack 12 + Fists of Fury 4 + Brass Knuckles 2 + Strong Attack/Eagle's Swoop 12 + Enhance Weapons 4 = 39 total

Knuckles executes Fists of Fury 2 (Strong Attack -8 Defense, +12 Attack, combines with Enhance Weapons)
~ Rolling Attack check; result = 13
~ 13 + Attack 12 + Fists of Fury 4 + Brass Knuckles 2 + Strong Attack/Eagle's Swoop 12 + Enhance Weapons 4 = 47 total

Knuckles executes Fists of Fury 3 (Strong Attack -8 Defense, +12 Attack, combines with Enhance Weapons)
~ Rolling Attack check; result = 14
~ + Attack 12 + Fists of Fury 4 + Brass Knuckles 2 + Strong Attack/Eagle's Swoop 12 + Enhance Weapons 4 = 48 total

Knuckles executes Fists of Fury 4 (Strong Attack -8 Defense, +12 Attack, combines with Enhance Weapons)
~ Rolling Attack check; result = 19
~ + Attack 12 + Fists of Fury 4 + Brass Knuckles 2 + Strong Attack/Eagle's Swoop 12 + Enhance Weapons 4 = 53 total
~~~~~~~

Last edited by Narrator on Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion

PostSubject: Re: The Storming of Marrowbrook Castle (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:43 pm

'd20' : 5, 13, 14, 19
Back to top Go down
Cellus
Banned
Banned

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: The Storming of Marrowbrook Castle (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:34 am

Upon seeing Rugashi's attack envelope Burk, Cellus let out a shriek akin to that of a wounded creature. Turning back to the ghoul, her face showed a cold rage that could have sent shivers down anyone's spine, "You do not touch my friends," she said quietly, almost inaudible in the sounds of the fight. Disappearing into the shadows, she reappeared behind Rugashi in his own shadow. "YOU DO NOT TOUCH MY FRIENDS!" she shrieked, slamming both palms onto the ghoul's back as a blinding white seal seared across it.

~~~~~
Cellus Uses Shadow Jump (Behind Rugashi)

Cellus Uses Seal Soul (1/2)
~~~~~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Narrator
Deity
Deity

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Storming of Marrowbrook Castle (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:53 am

Appearing at Cellus' side, Tal places a hand on her shoulder in turn, their forms being enveloped in a holy white light.

"O Mother Earth," his voice wavered with an angelic echo, "This prayer, may you hear quickly in our time of need."

~~~~~~~
Tal appeals to Demeter for aid
~ Granted! Seal Soul activated immediately on Rugashi
~~~~~~~

Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Storming of Marrowbrook Castle (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:03 am

As the horrid burial trap mercilessly mangled Burk, all hope seemed lost, but a wide blade broke bluntly through the mud and metal, and the grasslander took a step forward, panting heavily as he placed himself between Rugashi and his friends, symbolically, before collapsing with exhaustion.

~~~~~~~
Burk defends against Rapier
~ Rolling Defense check; result = 18
~ ~ 18 + Defense 8 + Sixth Sense 5 = 31 total (-5 hp)

Burk resists Lightning Attack
~ Rolling Resistance check; result = 3
~ ~ 3 + Resistance 10 = 13 total (-44 hp; 1/2 via Absorb Magic; -22 hp)

Burk resists Earth Attack
~ Immune

Total HP Left: -3 hp (Unconscious)
~~~~~~~

Last edited by Narrator on Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:16 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion

PostSubject: Re: The Storming of Marrowbrook Castle (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:03 am

'd20' : 18, 3, 1, 13, 2, 14
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Storming of Marrowbrook Castle (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:21 am

As the red-haired newcomer leapt into the fray, dismantling the undead opponent nearest her, Nevara had a bit more time to study the battle around her, and upon watching Burk fall at the hands of Rugashi, immediately dispatched her shadow to carry her fallen comrade to safety, "I will not fail to protect these mortals again..."

With Burk out of immediate danger, she took some trinkets from beneath her cloak and began to construct something resembling a large, focused spotlight, keeping a close eye on Rugashi's actions as she did so.

~~~~~~~
Shadow Nevara executes Shadow Jump (destination; Burk, then far corner of the battlefield)

Nevara constructs Light Attack via Set Trap (minimum 1 turn to construct)
~~~~~~~

Last edited by Narrator on Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Storming of Marrowbrook Castle (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:39 am

Grinning widely as Nevara's shadow snatched Burk away, Rugashi turned to give the others an evil eye to match his dark smile, "It really doesn't matter how far you run. Once I've killed your strongest warriors, I'll merely torture the sick and dying, and then you will all be reunited as my undead soldiers for eternity."

About that time, the ghoul captain tensed as a holy light began to shine out the handprints on his back, scalding him, "Agh! What... have... you done to me?!"

As the deafening roar of Knuckles' battle cry sounded through the air, Rugashi turned to face the wild youth, not with a look of confidence, but wild desperation.

In moments, it was over; the blazing series attacks tore into, and through, the undead swordsman, leaving only ribbons of tattered flesh and bone behind. As he fell, so did his spawn, already crumbling from the force of the attacks that even now laid into them. This battle, at least, was over.

~~~~~~~
Rugashi weakened by Seal Soul! (-2 Defense and Resistance)

Rugashi defends against Fists of Fury 1
~ Rolling Defense check; result = 3
~ ~ 3 + Defense 2 + Bone Armor 6 + Toughen Armor 1 + Fencer 4 + Fighter 4 = 20 total (-19 hp)

Rugashi defends against Fists of Fury 2
~ Rolling Defense check; result = 20
~ ~ 20 + Defense 2 + Bone Armor 6 + Toughen Armor 1 + Fencer 4 + Fighter 4 = 37 total (-10 hp)

Rugashi defends against Fists of Fury 3
~ Rolling Defense check; result = 13
~ ~ 13 + Defense 2 + Bone Armor 6 + Toughen Armor 1 + Fencer 4 + Fighter 4 = 30 total (-18 hp; dead)
~~~~~~~

Last edited by Narrator on Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion

PostSubject: Re: The Storming of Marrowbrook Castle (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:39 am

'd20' : 3, 20, 13, 7, 4, 11, 13
Back to top Go down
Cellus
Banned
Banned

PostSubject: Re: The Storming of Marrowbrook Castle (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:06 am

As Rugashi came to a timely end, Cellus sunk to her knees, breathing heavily. She had never sealed a soul before and she felt extremely tired for the effort. Instead of resting as her body pleaded for her to do, she began an unsteady stumble towards Burk. Resting her hands on the spent warrior's chest, she focused her remaining energy on the healing energy she had as her hands began to glow, albeit far dimmer than their usual magical brilliance. "Come back to the land of the living," she mumured quietly.

~~~~
Cellus uses Heal Hit Points Alpha on Burk
+4 HP (1/24 HP)

Last edited by Cellus on Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Narrator
Deity
Deity

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Storming of Marrowbrook Castle (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:20 am

"Never left," a welcome baritone assured her as the great, goofy warrior scooped her up in his arms and stood in one motion.

"Hai, and for this we are grateful," Tal smiled.

Nevara only smiled in thought as she stood where she was most comfortable; at a safe distance, observing the happy moment.

"He was a damn good fighter," Knuckles stood over Rugashi's remains, but the eulogy he delivered appeared to have a double meaning as he reflected on a battle yet to come, "What a waste..."

"I agree," Kradu stepped forward, looming ominously over the corpse as a skeletal warrior stood to his side, "He had... such potential."

"If you are imagining the evil I believe you are," Brother Light glowered at the necromancer, "I would sooner fight you here and now than allow you to release such a monster on the world again!"

"Oh?," Kradu chuckled, "What a thoroughly idealistic sentiment, and just as thoroughly wasteful. He is a clearly gifted pawn; it makes no sense not to bring him to our aid."

Back to top Go down
Cellus
Banned
Banned

PostSubject: Re: The Storming of Marrowbrook Castle (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:43 am

"I think that would be most unwise," Cellus murmured again, fatigue apparent in her voice as she continued to heal her large friend, "besides, its most likely a fool's errand, he might not even animate, Tal and I did seal him..." she said, her voice practically a whisper.

~~~~
+4 HP (5/24 HP)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kaylea
Expert
Expert

Libra Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Storming of Marrowbrook Castle (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:20 am

"Kradu, let it be, they're most likely right in the fact that its not going to work." she says with a sigh. "I'm Kaylea, by the way. To whom do we owe thanks for the rescue."

As she introduces herself she lands, sheathes her blades and extends her hand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Narrator
Deity
Deity

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Storming of Marrowbrook Castle (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:58 am

As the heroes assembled against him, Kradu made a disdainful, scoffing sound, "You follow such needless rules, and believe they make you righteous, but morality is a matter of perspective, and I know what I am doing to be right. That said, our mutual goal will be lost unless your cooperation is guaranteed, so while I find your opposition to a clear advantage to be naive at best and foolish at worst, I will consent to it this one time to appease your mutual sensibilities."

"Ahead, great challenges still lie," Tal quickly changed the subject before tensions could rise again. He then addressed Kaylea, "Tal Kadorin; wandering exorcist."

"Agreed," Brother Light nodded, still glaring daggers at Kradu, then turned to Kaylea, "I am Brother Light, priest of Helios."

"Then what are we waitin' for?!," Knuckles added with impatience, already standing by the door, then stopped as if suddenly remembering something, "Oh yeah. I'm Knuckles."

"Wait," Nevara stepped forward, staring down at Rugashi's broken form, then bending down to retrieve a small ruby that was carved more intricately on one side than the other, "This may prove useful in the future. Shall we proceed?"

Back to top Go down
Cellus
Banned
Banned

PostSubject: Re: The Storming of Marrowbrook Castle (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:09 am

"Perhaps we should make sure everyone is in the right condition to continue before we do so," Cellus said tiredly, living up to her title of 'Nurse Cellus'. "In case you haven't noticed, Brother Light has quite a gash on his shoulder, Burk almost died, I'd like to have a look at our new comers, Goddes knows what they've been through," she said, glaring around at the group, her hands never leaving Burk as she continued to heal him. However it looked as if the glow was rapidly getting weaker.

~~~~
+4 HP (9/24 HP)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kaylea
Expert
Expert

Libra Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Storming of Marrowbrook Castle (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:51 am

"Speeking for myself nothings wrong with me that a hot meal, a bath, and a good nights sleep wont fix." she says with a weak smile.

"Tho you look like you could use a rest yourself, hon." laying a comforting hand on the female grasslanders shoulder.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Narrator
Deity
Deity

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Storming of Marrowbrook Castle (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:54 am

"I'm okay," Burk lied with a sheepish smile, "But that sure feels nice."

Taking note of his injury, Brother Light blinked in surprise, "Ah, so I have."

With that, he promptly healed himself.

~~~~~~~
Brother Light uses Heal Hit Points
~ Magic 8 + Healer 4 = +12 hp (18/18 hp)
~~~~~~~

Back to top Go down
Cellus
Banned
Banned

PostSubject: Re: The Storming of Marrowbrook Castle (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:24 am

"You're not fine," Cellus practically growled, "I can't lose my friend again," she said quietly, her voice losing its edge. "Miss Kaylea, don't worry about me," she turned to the woman awkwardly in Burk's arms, "As long as everone else is healed up, I'll be fine. And Burk, you can put me-" her voice faltered for a moment, as the glow emminating from her hands died. Cellus' head lolled before snapping back, "-down." she said sheepishly.

~~~~
+4 HP (13/24 HP)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Storming of Marrowbrook Castle (Phoenix City Chronicles)   

Back to top Go down

The Storming of Marrowbrook Castle (Phoenix City Chronicles)
Page 4 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next