Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Members: Please Read

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Three Mysteries (Kaylea)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo
Number of posts : 1115
Humor : I once killed a man for wasting paragraphs.
Registration date : 2008-11-29

Three Mysteries (Kaylea) Empty
PostSubject: Three Mysteries (Kaylea)   Three Mysteries (Kaylea) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 11:54 am

A mysterious woman wandered into the town of Marrowbrook just as the sun was setting. The town was an old, decaying little hamlet, and the people who tilled the land around it were similarly tired and worn.

The gloom in the air was palpable, as if the clouds that hung low in the sky seemed to circle around a dark castle on a cliffside to the east.

Back to top Go down
http://phoenixcitychronicle.friendhood.net/
Kaylea
Expert
Expert
Kaylea

Libra Buffalo
Number of posts : 208
Humor : Snarcastic
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Three Mysteries (Kaylea)   Three Mysteries (Kaylea) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 12:38 pm

'Thank the gods I found a town." She pondered as she walked "It's getting late so I'd better find an inn or tavern of some kind.'

So she wandered through town looking for a place to bed down for the night.
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Three Mysteries (Kaylea)   Three Mysteries (Kaylea) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 12:44 pm

The town would have best been described as a farming community, and had little in the way of tourist attractions. Indeed, although there was a small pub, it appeared to be just that.

The pub, which was eponymous, boasted decor brought in from the forest to the north; that much could be determined simply by looking in the door, and most of the town's men, mostly humans and dwarves, were inside having an evening drink.
Back to top Go down
Kaylea
Expert
Expert
Kaylea

Libra Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Three Mysteries (Kaylea)   Three Mysteries (Kaylea) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 12:55 pm

"Well isn't this quaint." she mumbled sarcastically.

"But at least it's better than sleeping in a tree again tonight." With that she entered the pub to have a look around.
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Three Mysteries (Kaylea)   Three Mysteries (Kaylea) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 1:04 pm

Three Mysteries (Kaylea) Tavern

The tavern was livelier than the woman had expected simply looking from the outside in. A satyr, among other strange creatures of the woods, had come into town at the same time as her, from the looks of things.

As she entered, several sets of eyes fell on her, and the place grew only slightly less noisy.
Back to top Go down
Kaylea
Expert
Expert
Kaylea

Libra Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Three Mysteries (Kaylea)   Three Mysteries (Kaylea) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 1:18 pm

"Well I wasn't expecting that." She thought curiously. Finding an empty table in the corner she walks over and sits down.
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Three Mysteries (Kaylea)   Three Mysteries (Kaylea) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 1:25 pm

Several minutes passed in silence, with nobody saying anything to the woman, before an elven woman walked over with an almost unsettling smile.

Three Mysteries (Kaylea) Barmaid

"Can I get you anything?," the woman asked.

Back to top Go down
Kaylea
Expert
Expert
Kaylea

Libra Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Three Mysteries (Kaylea)   Three Mysteries (Kaylea) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 1:35 pm

"I think so actually, what do you have this evening?" she said
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Three Mysteries (Kaylea)   Three Mysteries (Kaylea) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 1:43 pm

"Ale's the most popular by far," the barmaid quipped with an informally jovial manner uncommon to her people, "But we serve various sylvan wines and spirits as well. Anything you'll find up north."

Back to top Go down
Kaylea
Expert
Expert
Kaylea

Libra Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Three Mysteries (Kaylea)   Three Mysteries (Kaylea) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 1:50 pm

"Mead if you have any." she responds with a smile as her empty stomach suddenly complains. "I haven't missed the evening meal have I?"
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Three Mysteries (Kaylea)   Three Mysteries (Kaylea) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 2:00 pm

"Always plenty for a paying customer," the barmaid smiled back, "Unless of course it's after midnight..."

Three Mysteries (Kaylea) Barhops

"Sure you oughta be tellin' an outsider the local lore?," a dwarf in the corner smirked through an ale-drenched mustache, "T'would be your luck that she was a spy sent by Nathaniel Grassroot 'imself!"

"Hold your tongue, Brundo," the elf snapped back with a glower, "You'll scare her right off!"

With that, she looked to the woman at the table with that same, polite smile as before, "I'll be right out with that mead."

Back to top Go down
Kaylea
Expert
Expert
Kaylea

Libra Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Three Mysteries (Kaylea)   Three Mysteries (Kaylea) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 2:07 pm

As the barmaid leaves she looks to the dwarf who spoke, with a look of genuine confusion "Who's Nathaniel Grassroot?"
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Three Mysteries (Kaylea)   Three Mysteries (Kaylea) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 2:12 pm

"Oh, you'd be well advised to steer clear've 'im, Missy," the dwarf laughed bitterly, "Those clouds above ye are his own black magic. Right powerful sorcerer, and some say, he ain't human nor fey nor bound by the rules of the living."

"Some say that's just the nonsense of old drunk dwarves," the long-haired half-elf across the table from him chimed in, "The real threat's to be found in the graveyard. Some perverted bastard has been stealing our dead. Why fear ghosts and goblins when we've a real life ghoul in our midst?!"

Back to top Go down
Kaylea
Expert
Expert
Kaylea

Libra Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Three Mysteries (Kaylea)   Three Mysteries (Kaylea) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 2:16 pm

"Ghouls and Black Magicians eh? Anything else i should be warry of around here?" her quarry ripe with curiosity.
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Three Mysteries (Kaylea)   Three Mysteries (Kaylea) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 2:27 pm

"Well, if that won't do it," the half-elf laughed at her eagerness, "Word is that old Lyle on the hill ran into his dead grandmother the other day, looking worse for the wear no doubt."

"You guys talk too much," the blonde woman between them chuckled, "Is it any wonder we can't bring some new life into this dead old town?"

"My sentiments exactly," the barmaid huffed as she returned, handing her customer the mead, "There you are. That'll be a gold when you exit hon."

Back to top Go down
Kaylea
Expert
Expert
Kaylea

Libra Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Three Mysteries (Kaylea)   Three Mysteries (Kaylea) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 2:51 pm

"My thanks, do you know where I might find a place to bed for the night?" She asks the elven woman then adds sarcastically "What with the ghouls and dead grandparents about, I wouldn't want to spend the night out of doors."
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Three Mysteries (Kaylea)   Three Mysteries (Kaylea) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 2:55 pm

"We don't get many travelers through here," the barmaid smiled, "So the rooms are about guaranteed to be open. It's two silver a night to stay."

Back to top Go down
Kaylea
Expert
Expert
Kaylea

Libra Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Three Mysteries (Kaylea)   Three Mysteries (Kaylea) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 3:11 pm

"Very well, my thanks again." She said chearfully.

"Would you tell me more of these walking dead." she chortles merrily returning to her conversation with the dwarf and his companions.
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Three Mysteries (Kaylea)   Three Mysteries (Kaylea) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 3:18 pm

Motioning her over to the table, the half-elf grinned merrily at her boldness, "All these words, and we've not even been kind enough to introduce ourselves. My name is Aramil, the lady to my right is Adania, and the old fart across the table, of course, is Brundo."

"Old fart?," Brundo huffed indignantly, "Well, I suppose there are certain animals older than a pup like you."

"And you are...?," Adania interrupted on a lighter note as she looked to the woman.

Back to top Go down
Kaylea
Expert
Expert
Kaylea

Libra Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Three Mysteries (Kaylea)   Three Mysteries (Kaylea) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 3:46 pm

"My name is Kaylea, and it is a plaesure to meet you both." She smiles and moves to take the offered chair.
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Three Mysteries (Kaylea)   Three Mysteries (Kaylea) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 3:53 pm

"So, as I was saying," Aramil continued, "Old man Lyle claimed to have seen his grandmother milling about the forest last week."

"Trouble is," he leaned on those last two words for emphasis, "She's been dead for fifteen years."

"She ain't the only one," Brundo interjected, "Many a folk have seen their dead an' gone up and about where they've got no business... it's the work of that damn sorcerer, I tell ya!"

"I don't think so," Aramil shook his head gravely, "I think Grassroot's got bigger fish to fry than our little town. This is someone new. My buddy Darett is with the town guard, and he says the other night he chased a prowler out of the cemetery. Some crazy fool in a red robe. Says the man had piercing eyes like a flash in a storm. Leave the dead where they lay, says I."

"On that lad, we're agreed," Brundo nodded firmly and took a drink.

Back to top Go down
Kaylea
Expert
Expert
Kaylea

Libra Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Three Mysteries (Kaylea)   Three Mysteries (Kaylea) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 4:20 pm

"Definatly odd." She mused. "Has that person in red been seen before or sence?"
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Three Mysteries (Kaylea)   Three Mysteries (Kaylea) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 4:24 pm

"Funny you should ask," Adania blinked a couple of times in response, "It turns out that my sister claims to have seen the guy while visiting our uncle's grave, but she tells, not of a monstrous creature, but a ruggedly handsome and exotic man who told her many scary stories."

Back to top Go down
Kaylea
Expert
Expert
Kaylea

Libra Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Three Mysteries (Kaylea)   Three Mysteries (Kaylea) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 4:38 pm

She pondered this bit of information for a while, and her empty belly made its presance known once again.

"That may bear some investigation, but I think it can wait till the marrow." She says, absentmindedly wondering how much longer it's going to be before her food arives.
Back to top Go down
Narrator
Deity
Deity
Narrator

Leo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Three Mysteries (Kaylea)   Three Mysteries (Kaylea) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 4:45 pm

Three Mysteries (Kaylea) BarhopsThree Mysteries (Kaylea) Barmaid

As if on cue, the barmaid returned, shifting her direction suddenly as she saw Kaylea's change of table and setting down a warm bowl of beef stew with a fresh loaf of bread for her, "Dinner is served. Sorry for your wait; there was a small delay with the oven."

"A small delay, says she," Brundo chuckled, but the barmaid flashed him a warning glare and he sobered up a bit, taking a quick drink of his ale as if to compensate."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Three Mysteries (Kaylea)   Three Mysteries (Kaylea) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Three Mysteries (Kaylea)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next