Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Members: Please Read

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles)

Go down 
+2
Kaylea
Grand High Council
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion
Grand High Council

Number of posts : 749
Humor : Freedom makes the world go round! Freedom and love! And money!
Registration date : 2008-11-29

Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 5:08 pm

Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 2 Knuckles_armscrossed

"That's... pretty heavy," Knuckles blinked with a surprised look, "I take it you're some kind of magician after all then."

Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 2 Narrator_snowy

"I'm just a storyteller," Ro deflected with a blush.

Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 2 BrotherLight_new

"Please don't be so modest Your Greatness," Brother Light smirked as he looked the newcomer in the eyes, "When you appeared to us on the heels of Feusang's defeat I'd have thought you'd given up hiding yourself, but I suppose introductions are in order. My friends, I give you the man behind the plot you refer to as your lives. This is the Narrator."

Back to top Go down
http://phoenixcitychronicle.friendhood.net
Ami Yuuka
Expert
Expert
Ami Yuuka

Leo Rooster
Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 5:11 pm

Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 2 ShadowAmi

Ami scowled. "So its your fault an island tried to decapitate me?" She asked her eyebrow raising as she crossed her arms, one of which was still looped through Brother Lights. Her scowl turned to horror. "My mother..." She whispered.
Back to top Go down
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion
Grand High Council

PostSubject: Re: Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 5:19 pm

"Actually I don't decide what happens in the story," The Narrator looked down, as if with regret, "I simply make sure the world gets from chapter to chapter as smoothly as possible."

"Yeah speakin' a' which," Knuckles wrapped his arm around Kaylea a bit tighter as he felt the pain from his injury finally setting in, "I'm a pretty simple guy but I'm not stupid. If you came down to help it's big, so what's the story?"

"One even I don't want to tell," the deity began...

Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 2 KelAlval

"Thousands of years ago, in a distant land, a monster was born of fire and spite. Living only to advance his power that he might lord it over others, the monster sought the priceless artifacts that you so valiantly defended. But in his world... in his time... he won. The power was too great for any one mortal to bear, and his mind snapped. That monster's name was Kel Al Ba'al. With ultimate power, but no rational thought to guide it, he has reached through time and space, making a mockery of the natural order. This is the reason for the bizarre apparitions which Ami Yuuka has spoken of."

Back to top Go down
Cerys
Expert
Expert
Cerys

Aquarius Rat
Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 5:24 pm

Looking at the guy called the Narrator, " So here you are once again to bring news of some impending demise... just great, right when we get home and relax, watching Knuckles beat the tar out of the guy and about to enjoy a part of our lives, Doom appears once again."

Looking up into the sky, "When will there be a time we can actually expect peace for a little more than a year or two?"

Glancing back at the Narrator guy, "Well i guess your here to tell us we need to get ready for this impending doom thing, and kick its butt... right?"
Back to top Go down
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion
Grand High Council

PostSubject: Re: Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 5:33 pm

"If the sea was at peace, there'd be no tide," The Narrator replied with a smile so familiar Ami could have sworn she saw Brother Light in his place.

Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 2 Tal_Kadorin5

"Well spoken," an old friend smiled as he approached with Azan in tow.

Back to top Go down
Azan
Novice
Novice
Azan

Number of posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 5:41 pm

Glancing into the myriad of people that were gathered for the tournament, still congratulating Knuckles for his victory, stepping near to Tal as he was with the group,

"Maybe this will all sound a lot less intimidating after a few drinks. Whatcha say?"
Back to top Go down
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion
Grand High Council

PostSubject: Re: Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 5:44 pm

"I still don't know how you came back to your senses, let alone surviving that cave-in, but I'm grateful for it and accept your offer," Brother Light nodded with a wink to Knuckles and Kaylea, "Your place?"

"Like I'd let you guys go somewhere else and pay for drinks," Knuckles grinned.

Back to top Go down
Kaylea
Expert
Expert
Kaylea

Libra Buffalo
Number of posts : 208
Humor : Snarcastic

PostSubject: Re: Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 6:06 pm

'Well if it isnt old Cud-for-Brains' she thaught seeing the minotaur. Sighing she wraps her arms around one of Knuckles' as she leans closer whispering in his ear "Lover, if i remember your sister said she'd kill you if you braught any more burly drinking buddies home." She squeezes his arm for emphasis "Besides, didnt you promise me something tonight if you won... our own personal celebration." she smiles slyly.
Back to top Go down
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion
Grand High Council

PostSubject: Re: Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 6:10 pm

"Just a few drinks sweetie I promise," Knuckles raised his hand as if swearing an oath, "And I ain't forgot what I promised neither."

Giving her a good, playful slap on the backside, he took off running for the Golden Apple with the others in tow.

"As it should be," The Narrator noted cryptically with a firm nod after the others had walked off before following behind.

Back to top Go down
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion
Grand High Council

PostSubject: Re: Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 1:05 pm

That evening, the good times were rolling at the Golden Apple as old friends caught up on all they had missed in the last year.

At length, Knuckles stood up, placing a hand on Kaylea's shoulder.

"Alright guys, Kays and I have something we need to take care of so we'll be back in a bit," the brawler grinned roguishly, "Until then, makes yourselves at home."

As the couple walked up the stairs, hand in hand, it looked like all was set for a romantic rendezvous ...that is, until a silhouette in the bedroom window put both warriors on guard.

Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 2 Pinstripe_150x200

"Good evening, Mr McDaniel," the figure strode forward, drawing his blade.

A crash from upstairs brought everyone's attention to the street outside where a thud was heard. By the time anyone had reached the source of the crash, the culprit was nowhere to be found. All that remained was the still-cooling corpse of Knuckles McDaniel as Kaylea watched in horror from the upstairs window.

~@~

Kaylea awoke with a start. It was morning. Before she had time to panic, a warm, strong arm reached over to cuddle her close.

"Morning beautiful," Knuckles smiled sleepily, "Today's the big day, innit?"

Back to top Go down
Kaylea
Expert
Expert
Kaylea

Libra Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 1:41 pm

She lays there dumbfounded for a few seconds, coming to realization that "last night" had been a dream.

'Well, I guess forewarned is forearmed...' she thinks and sighs. "Apparently, my love," she says and rolls over in Knuckles' arms, pushing him back and pinning him to the bed. "Just promise me again that you'll be careful."
Back to top Go down
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion
Grand High Council

PostSubject: Re: Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 1:50 pm

Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 2 Knuckles_CharacterSheet

"I'm always careful!," he laughed as he wrapped his arms around her.

~@~

That day went exactly as in the dream. The tournament was a stunning victory for Knuckles McDaniel over both his opponent and his inner demons. Curiously, Kage and the so-called Narrator were not among the crowd though. However, Ami and Brother Light were watching in the crowd above, with Kaylea cheering on the sidelines and Cerys cheering as a cat from her lap until his narcolepsy kicked in, putting him to sleep.

As Kaylea carried Knuckles up through the crowd, just as before, Brother Light stood and applauded his friend on a noble victory.

Back to top Go down
Ami Yuuka
Expert
Expert
Ami Yuuka

Leo Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 1:53 pm

Ami smiled at Knuckles. "Congratulations Knuckles! You did great. But you gave my non-existent heart a heart attack. Do you realize how hard that is to do?"
Back to top Go down
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion
Grand High Council

PostSubject: Re: Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 2:00 pm

"If you ask my sister and wife-to-be it's a wonder I keep my own heart running," Knuckles laughed, motioning toward the bar, "Whatcha say we get outta here. Drinks are on me!"

~@~

At the Golden Apple, everyone was laughing as they shared both the drinks and the stories.

"You really told her that?," Knuckles laughed over Ami's story about Brother Light dealing with his stalker.

"Well...," Brother Light put a hand behind his head and laughed nervously.

Back to top Go down
Ami Yuuka
Expert
Expert
Ami Yuuka

Leo Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 2:03 pm

Ami laughed. "She though I was a demon. I was just about ready to kill her, she just wouldn't stop, its like everywhere we went, there she was! I don't think she'll be bothering him anymore though." She grinned and intertwined her fingers with Lights under the table.
Back to top Go down
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion
Grand High Council

PostSubject: Re: Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 2:10 pm

"To a good match," Knuckles raised his glass in a toast, his comment not so much referring to his fight as he looked to Brother Light and Ami with a knowing smile.

"I'll drink to that!," a stranger smiled creepily beneath his fedora as he entered the bar, sending a shiver down Kaylea's spine while he walked up to Knuckles, "Knuckles McDaniel, correct?"

"What of it?," Knuckles stood up, unsettled the same as everyone else, not so much by the man's appearance, but the horrible energy he was giving off! The aura alone was soaked in the blood of countless victims.

"My name is simply Pinstripe. You may have heard it. I was sent by the Omerta to execute you this afternoon," the assassin replied cooly, "But that prospect bores me. You're worth... more. Shall we make sport of it then? Just you and me. No cheating. Skill against skill alone."

Knuckles hesitated for only a moment, looking to his friends, before facing the man and nodding, "You're on."

Back to top Go down
Ami Yuuka
Expert
Expert
Ami Yuuka

Leo Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 2:15 pm

Ami's eyes glowed for a moment as Knuckles said 'you're on'. Shadows pulsed around her body, up and down her arms, dancing on her fingertips. "Knuckles..." She stopped her sentence as shadows pulsed around her neck and head.
Back to top Go down
Kaylea
Expert
Expert
Kaylea

Libra Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 2:31 pm

"Love. remember your promise." she says through clenched teeth
Back to top Go down
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion
Grand High Council

PostSubject: Re: Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 2:42 pm

The brawler looked his fiance in the eyes for a long moment before drawing her close in a tender embrace, "I promised to take care of you, no matter what."

Letting go, he turned to face his enemy.

Placing a hand on Ami's shoulder to calm her, Light looked stoically to Knuckles, "You don't have to do this Mason. It's death."

"The needs of the many," was the hero's single reply as he stepped outside with Pinstripe.

~@~

Outside, the two warriors stood across from each other as the others debated silently whether to stand by and honor their friend's wishes or jump in if needbe to save his life.

"I do not wish to kill you," Pinstripe drew his sword, "I wish you to know that."

"You're the Omerta's top dog," Knuckles took a fighting stance, "That's all I need to know."

"Don't judge me!," Pinstripe vanished with an angry scowl and, too quick for anyone to follow, appeared in a solid connect to the boxer's chin!

Knuckles, the mighty, went flying back like so much compost into and through a brick wall. And this time, he wasn't bluffing. His broken bones and bruises proved that.

"Still think I'm fighting for money?!," Pinstripe fumed, a horrible feeling rising up all around him.

"I... don't care...," Knuckles rose slowly onto a knee, one eye forced shut. As his enemy apparently waited, he unsteadily got to his feet and put up his dukes, "BRING IT ON!"

"As. you. wish.," Pinstripe's eyes narrowed, his blade drawing as he vanished once more. Having seen him move, it was clear to the bystanders that he was faster than fast. Uncatchable.

So when another presence was felt flashing in just as fast, it surprised everyone even more.

~~~~~~~
Pinstripe rolls Swiftness
19 + Swiftness 26 + 12 Improved God Speed + 9 Improved Adrenaline
+ 4 Speed Demon + 2 Wind Walk = 72
~~~~~~~

Last edited by Grand High Council on Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion
Grand High Council

PostSubject: Re: Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 2:42 pm

The member 'Grand High Council' has done the following action : Roll Dice:

'd20' : 19
Back to top Go down
Kage Manako
Expert
Expert
Kage Manako

Libra Rat
Number of posts : 172

PostSubject: Re: Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 2:54 pm

Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 2 Kage_KazeRyu

As Pinstripe dissapeared, he suddenly appears and gets thrown back in the opposite direction by what looks to be a human floating just slightly above and in front of Knuckles. the being then says, " I don't know who you are, but no one messes with my friends!" The floating being then charges Pinstripe and with one move, catches up to him in mid-air and delivers three slashes across his chest. Pinstripe then gets blown into the ground by the sheer force of the attack.

Kage rolls Swiftness check (Combines with Speed Demon)
result = 20
~ 20 + Improved God Speed 9 + 7 Improved Adrenaline + 2 Wind Walk + 4 Speed Demon + 10 Narrator's Favor + Swiftness 20 = 72 total

Kage attacks Pinstripe with Katana of Fury 1 (Combines with Dervish Dance)
~ Attack check result = 14
~ ~ 14 + Attack 14 + Katana 6 + 4 Fighter Path + 4 Enhance Weapons + 4 Dervish Dance + 3 Improved Fists of Fury + 10 Kaze-Ken= 59 total

Kage attacks Pinstripe with Katana of Fury 2 (Combines with Dervish Dance)
~ Attack check result = 14
~ ~ 14 + Attack 14 + Katana 6 + 4 Fighter Path + 4 Enhance Weapons + 4 Dervish Dance + 3 Improved Fists of Fury + 10 Kaze-Ken= 59 total

Kage attacks Pinstripe with Katana of Fury 3 (Combines with Dervish Dance)
~ Attack check result = 18
~ ~ 18 + Attack 14 + Katana 6 + 4 Fighter Path + 4 Enhance Weapons + 4 Dervish Dance + 3 Improved Fists of Fury + 10 Kaze-Ken= 63 total

Last edited by Kage Manako on Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion
Grand High Council

PostSubject: Re: Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 2:54 pm

The member 'Kage Manako' has done the following action : Roll Dice:

'd20' : 20, 14, 14, 18
Back to top Go down
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion
Grand High Council

PostSubject: Re: Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 3:16 pm

"Hehehe... he he...," the killer picked himself up after the blow, "Here I thought McDaniel was the best of the best. The Strongest Man In Phoenix City! Seeing you, however, just made my day. Finally! Someone fast enough to even pose a threat!"

As both swordsmen vanished from sight to everyone else, Kage saw that Pinstripe, like he, had slipped into that space between spaces to make a counterattack, his mouth twisted into a manic grin, "Let's see how fast you really are!!!"

~~~~~~~
Pinstripe defends against Katana (must beat 72)
~ 16 + Defense 2 + Fighter 4 + Acrobatics 4 = 26 total (10 + roll, and
damage will be cut down to 1/4 due to Improved Etherealness)
~ ~ -11 hp (59/70)

Pinstripe defends against Katana (Fists Of Fury 1) (must beat 59)
~ 19 + Defense 2 + Fighter 4 + Acrobatics 4 = 29 total (10 + roll, and
~ ~ -7 hp (52/70)

Pinstripe defends against Katana (Fists Of Fury 2) (must beat 59)
~ 14 + Defense 2 + Fighter 4 + Acrobatics 4 = 24 total (10 + roll, and
~ ~ -8 hp (44/70)

Pinstripe defends against Katana (Fists Of Fury 3) (must beat 63)
~ 7 + Defense 2 + Fighter 4 + Acrobatics 4 = 17 total (10 + roll, and
~ ~ - 11 hp (33/70)

Total HP Left = 33/70

Pinstripe activates Shadow Strike! (reflexive upon attack; Kage must beat Pinstripe's Swiftness total or lose turn)
~ 9 + Swiftness 26 + 12 Improved God Speed + 9 Improved Adrenaline
+ 4 Speed Demon + 2 Wind Walk (53 + roll)
~ ~ 62 total

~~~~~~~

Last edited by Grand High Council on Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion
Grand High Council

PostSubject: Re: Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 3:16 pm

'd20' : 16, 19, 14, 7
Back to top Go down
Grand High Council
Scion
Scion
Grand High Council

PostSubject: Re: Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 3:24 pm

'd20' : 9
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles)   Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anniversary (Phoenix City Chronicles)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next